CO2 questions

joewest

420 Member
I'm looking into starting a grow tent 5x5x7 with a 800 draw led light. I was wondering if I have the tent in my room do you think having a passive air intake and negative pressure in the tent, will be able to keep the Co2 ppm high enough to add any benefits? Or will it not be nessicary and I should think about a 4l bottle with sugar and yeast to make enough Co2 to make a diffrence. Just looking into it, any advice will do.

Do not put the CO2 in a bedroom or room that people occupy. We run a sealed room in it's own building. If you are in a room with a high CO2 level {we run ours at 1650 ppm} it will make you feel sick after a while ..

That's what I was trying to say, should I put it in my room with no Co2 will me being in the room raise the Co2 ppm to high enough levels or put it out of my room and add a Co2 system?

Our sealed room Has a Sentinel controller in it which we feel is pretty accurate .The room is 9 ft x 10 ft with an 8 ft ceiling when I am in it yes the CO2 level will increase. I would suggest that it has it's own room just to be safe and wait and get a good controller. Our room is sealed pretty tight,and we run CO2 during all of Veg and Flower the ppm is set to 1650 and I just changed out the 20lb tank after 5 months .. I have some other buddies that also grow with CO2 just like I do and they blow through a tank every 30 days, our setup is sealed very well . CO2 can be very beneficial but everything else needs to be dialed in Good Luck ..

Our sealed room Has a Sentinel controller in it which we feel is pretty accurate .The room is 9 ft x 10 ft with an 8 ft ceiling when I am in it yes the CO2 level will increase. I would suggest that it has it's own room just to be safe and wait and get a good controller. Our room is sealed pretty tight,and we run CO2 during all of Veg and Flower the ppm is set to 1650 and I just changed out the 20lb tank after 5 months .. I have some other buddies that also grow with CO2 just like I do and they blow through a tank every 30 days, our setup is sealed very well . CO2 can be very beneficial but everything else needs to be dialed in Good Luck ..

It's much easier to control the amount of CO2 used when you have a monitor like the titan (auto set at 1500) controlling an electronic regulator. It's a plug it in and forget it thing...nothing to calibrate or dial in. Just plug it in, open the tank, seal the tent, watch your plants explode with growth through the window. Yes, the setup is somewhat pricey but a one time expense. The CO2 is cheap (IE $30 for 20 lb tank fill, with your tank) and like Jedthedog says, can last you nearly an entire grow of 5 months if done right. I feel the increase in yield and potency is worth the expense. With CO2, I keep my in/out take fans off with the lights, interior fans and CO2 on, as the plants can tolerate higher temps and humidity while in CO2. This works great in veg but flowering I will need to get the humidity down by bringing my in/outtake fans back

Of course many people grow without it and do fine - good air exchange being the key in a sealed room or tent. If the plants are in the same room, your CO2 will raise the levels to help. My monitor sensor in my tent picks up my breathing when I have the gas turned off for feedings.

Back
Top Bottom