My first grow box tell me what you think

Dupree84

420-magazine-mobile547985069.jpg
I don't have any lights yet can someone tell me what they think so I can fix anything before I start growing.

Get rid of the tin foil. Terrible reflector. Use panda paper, or Mylar. Move platform to the ground. Need lots of space between plant and light. With the space you have, I'm guessing you are going to use CFLS or LED. If an LED, KEEP it at the very top of the box. LED have colomized beams that penetrate a great distance, so no need to put it right on the plant. Get a small muffin fan to vent out the top. Cut a hole on the bottom of other side for cooler air to be naturally sucked in from the pressure exhaust of the upper fan. Good luck.

Hi, I have recently joined 420 and have never written on a post, I usually just read and get an idea on how everyone else does it. About time I had an input I guess. Tin foil to my knowledge creates heat spota, try some black and white. White is very reflective. In my opinion you could use hps lights with a cool tube, but you would need an additional exhaust fan. ChronicAffair has covered pretty much everything else. Out of interest what strain are you planning on growing? Good luck with everything.

Sorry, I should have explained. You back buy rolls of sheeting that are black on one side, white on the other. White surfaces are very reflective and it's cheap to buy on eBay. You may have to double that it depending on the quality, to stop light showing through.
420-magazine-mobile714165777.jpg

Yea I'd get rid of the foil...u don't want wrinkles or hot spots...paint inside flat white or marine white...maybe use 4 cfl bulbs at 6500k...lighting at 18/6 or 20/4...the black and white they talking about is a sheeting called orca cause it's white on one side and black on the other...but use either Mylar or the flat white is better really....or if u can find the hammered style material like inside grow tents....good luck

Just buy some flat white paint and take the tin foil off and paint whatever it's covering white. Boom done easy as fuck

Tin foil as it wrinkles it recreates a reflection like a mirror can cause hot spots burning your plan for no apparent reason leaving you curious why you are getting spots on your leaves best to go ahead and replace with mylar or a white plastic material you will get much better results

Back
Top Bottom