I'm back with pics!

Mrblunts420

Whats up everybody! Im back with my set up with pics..

My initial idea for my first grow was going to be a tent that I was given for free, 3x4.5x7ft... its been in my garage for a year and with financial situation changing and the growing frustration with not starting I decided to think differently. I was doing research the whole time finding good advice on here and in the marijuana growers guide by Ed Rosenthal, I came to the conclusion that CFL was the best best for my financial situation.
FRANKENBOX.jpg

With the ideas and my semi ingenuitive persistance.... I created what I call "The Frankenbox".... A 24"x24"x37"(4sqft/10.28cf) cardboard box. It was flimsy as hell , so I grabbed numourous random peices to other boxes as well as some .5cm thick project board to gain some rigidness in the walls, roof, and floor. I also found old backing to dresser that was thin but solid for final flooring. I held all the random peices together with extra wide black gorilla tape along with the corners of the box . I cut 2 holes 3.5:x3.5in intake holes on bottom left wall and one 4.5"x5" exhaust hole. I made 6 holes on top for light sockects. I lined the inside of the box with reflectix and foil tape in the corners. I did alot of Mcgeyvering and tapeing besides what i have mentioned so not gonna go more into detail and ramble on boring yall reading this, will have pics of box manipulation process...
box125.jpg
box224.jpg
box314.jpg
box511.jpg
exhaust17.jpg
intake10.jpg
refectix1.jpg
inboxreflsocketexhaust.jpg
inboxrefltapewfan.jpg

socketwire.jpg

now lets get to the good stuff.... I will be running 10 23w 1600 lumen CFLs on an 8:2 ratio, meaning 8 6500k with 2 2700k bulbs during my veg cycle .... then switch to an 8 2700k with 2 6500k for flower. I have pics of light set up that i will include.... I ran lighting test to see what temp/humidity would be with 10 lights since I didnt have any fans or a plant. with results after 3 different test(wont put out details if curious about how I tested feel free to ask) I included a 4" button/PC fan and 6" clip fan. clip fan is for intake and pc fan is my exhaust fan. I can now run the 10 lights and keep it at 78-85 F but the humidity stays at around 10%, understanding that its in my garage (which i will be moving into house for better control)and I live in the dessesrt of SoCal lol. Im going to have 1 plant in a 3g pot in Fox Farms Ocean Forest, I will be using Rock Nutrients"Rock Box" ... I plan on SCRog'n the 2'x2' area utilizing the walls have it angled at a 20-30 degrees to have my girl taking up the 2x2 and sides to get as much light as possible. If anyone knows the best material for the SCRog netting i would love to know heard lots of things that are good and bad. i know any metal is a NO NO .. so i was thinking vynal like fishing string , or a natural hemp string? I believe i have covered the basics to understanding my madness in the box build and my purpose for the setup due to what im working with.
lightsetup82vegratio.jpg
exhaustfan.jpg

nutrientandmedium.jpg

the pics will be from start of box build to end of the madness, showing the light setup as well, i wired all myself and proud that i didnt destroy my house, myself, or the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom