DIY Low-Buck TrashCan - CFL & LED Grow

DeboDaddy

First post here. Been working on a trashcan grow for the last couple days. It will be my first ever grow. Just doing a single plant at a time. Still waiting on the blower to come in for the ventilation system, and also waiting on another 18w LED bulb, and my 5-1 bulb splitter.

When all said and done this will contain -five- 23w 5000k CFL bulbs, -three- 18w LED bulbs (one blue/white, and 2 full spectrum grow), as well as the 5 meters of (300 led) 5050 LED Strip. Blue/white 18w LED will be swapped out for red during flowering stage.

Ventilation is a 4" duct blower pulling air from the top of the can (hole not pictured) and exhausting through a carbon canister filter. Intakes are passive at bottom of can (holes not pictured).

Just got my Fox Farms Ocean Forest and seeds in today. Will be starting the grow tomorrow. Any input is welcome. :thumb:

One thing I will note is that in person, the light output is intense. The pictures dont do it justice. With the reflectivity of the steel can, it makes even these low output lights painful to look at.

Temp/Humidity was after 5mins in the can with no ventilation. Ambient was 53%/66*.

weed119.jpg
weed230.jpg

weed611.jpg
weed512.jpg
weed710.jpg
weed810.jpg
weed415.jpg

Back
Top Bottom