Insulated outdoor grow box

Fyffer

I live on the west coast in the pnw. It snowing right now. I was thinking of building a grow box that 8 feet tall and 4x4. With drain to waste system with 9 3 gallon coco coir in airpots. Hope to veg for 2-3 weeks. Top once. Lst and hope for a 12 oz every harvest. For a light I be using a 315w cmh with 3100k Phillips's bulb. I might need to buy a heater in to put in there.

Any suggestions to keep it warm if I'm pulling cold air in from outside. Or can I just not make my grow box air tight. Use the extraction fan to pull in less cold air and use a small heater inside to keep it above 65 with lights off. ?

Like I understand if I did that do I set up fans to pull warm air from the lights on side and such. Just having hard time thinking how it would work.

if you make 2 rooms just recirculate those 2 and exhaust from the one with lights on , you will need more fans . also time the rooms so they are lights off ... from 6am to 12 am (room A) and from 12am to 6pm (room B ) you would probably get higher temps during the day.

in flowering this should be a lot easier

So the room with lights on pulls air into the room with lights off. I get clones. So I run both on 12-12. On opposite schedules. It the cold air that I pull in from outside for fresh air that a issuie.

Back
Top Bottom