DIY Veg & Flower Box

Peppers

Hi all Peppers here ,

IMG_20171229_124003.jpg

Before I start I'm open to all suggestions so please feel free to drop in and comment any time .
So I got my kid new bedroom storage drawers closet and things and decided I'd make a grow box out of the old drawers instead of binning it , so far its coming along nicely .
I have two PC fans at the top , one in each corner for exhaust and one in the bottom left corner for fresh air intake . I plan to get a osculating tower fan and the Meizhi 300w led with both veg and bloom switches in the next couple of weeks I did use the mars hydro 300w for a bit but gave it to a friend as I stopped growing .
No carbon filter as I also gave it away but I might try some activated carbon sponge inside the vents on the outside of the box ? Open to any idea's though I'm not to bothered about odors .
I will be using coco mixed with perlite with ionic veg bloom and pk boost plus monsterbloom and molasses . I'm not sure what size of pots I'll be using again open to idea's . I do know I'll be doing two strains but not sure which two lol all this is a work in progress but I'll update as I go .

re: DIY Veg & Flower Box

I ordered the dust grills and air vents for all fans . As its this time of year my cash flow is low but I'll order the LED and seeds in a week or two . Does anyone have any suggestions on what strains I should run and if its worth while stuffing activated carbon sponge in the extraction vents ? The pc fans would efectivly push the air through the carbon sponge and out the air vents ? Thanks in advance guys and keep tokin

Thanks for the advice , not sure of the actual size but I was thinking the Meizhi 300w reflector with the veg and bloom switches and I plan to do 2 plants at a time with a scognet to keep everything even . its an old set of chest of drawers had 3 drawers its a decent size I'd say thanks for dropping by could you any strains for me cheers .

Dwarf Lowryder lol I don't know if the 300 would be good for that space you may fry your plants. Most need like 20" distance in veg and 18" in flower from led to plant canopy. Maybe two smaller led panels would do the trick, I'll have to have a look and see what's decent out there. CFL array would work well, possible a small quantum board from HLG.

Yea I thought overkill as well but its very well ventilated and I can add more extraction if needed do you think it will still be too strong ? Also I've grown photos and learned how to keep them very small from a friend , the sizes we got could do about 6 in this space lol I think my scrog net will be about 12 inches from the led so I'm hoping this should all be OK with two photos fingers crossed

Thx if u mean me, but remember the actual light intensity will fry your leaves. Heat stress is a little different. I see Apollo has a 75w ufo light that you may have luck with doubling up on if you keep it as high as you can. Another good option I saw is the HLG-65 from horticultural lighting group but sold out. Those you can dial up and down and get them super close. A buddy Pennywise is using the HLG boards and they kick so much ass I might have to pay HLG a visit myself

You could but you may have so much far red in the spectrum that your plant doesn't get what it needs, gotta use veg for early veg and both for late veg into bloom. Take a look at the manufacturers recommended height requirements and you'll see what I mean. I ran out of space on a few of my grows and got within 16" with my led and this happened lmao
420-magazine-mobile1749389282.jpg

Hi all Peppers here ,

IMG_20171229_124003.jpg

Before I start I'm open to all suggestions so please feel free to drop in and comment any time .
So I got my kid new bedroom storage drawers closet and things and decided I'd make a grow box out of the old drawers instead of binning it , so far its coming along nicely .
I have two PC fans at the top , one in each corner for exhaust and one in the bottom left corner for fresh air intake . I plan to get a osculating tower fan and the Meizhi 300w led with both veg and bloom switches in the next couple of weeks I did use the mars hydro 300w for a bit but gave it to a friend as I stopped growing .
No carbon filter as I also gave it away but I might try some activated carbon sponge inside the vents on the outside of the box ? Open to any idea's though I'm not to bothered about odors .
I will be using coco mixed with perlite with ionic veg bloom and pk boost plus monsterbloom and molasses . I'm not sure what size of pots I'll be using again open to idea's . I do know I'll be doing two strains but not sure which two lol all this is a work in progress but I'll update as I go .
Aurora indica stay short and put on a decent yeild nirvanna seeds has this strain and i think it would do well in a scrog i dont flower in this this is more of a side deal for veg but this is how i run lights in here i can add 1 or 2 more on this strip
75a19a53860a0954db6f30336c00f5c4.jpg

you could but you may have so much far red in the spectrum that your plant doesn't get what it needs, gotta use veg for early veg and both for late veg into bloom. Take a look at the manufacturers recommended height requirements and you'll see what i mean. I ran out of space on a few of my grows and got within 16" with my led and this happened lmao
420-magazine-mobile1749389282.jpg
fubar?

Back
Top Bottom