Low Stress Training, LST. A simple way.

Thew1sest

Hey everyone, I'd like to share my method of LST my girl, posted it in the journal but thought a few more curious folks could see it. Here's a little trick that works well for any DWC, or soil pot, tote, etc who's trying to LST their plant. (If you still want to be able to remove the lid on/off).
I had trouble because I'm using hydro-ton, have a 6"net-pot lid, and no where to tie to. Drilling holes is the worst, it lets light into your precious res when using 5 gal buckets and just a mess. Also, I like to pull the top on/off to fix stuff add nutes when needed.
So I found these cheap little sticky hooks, and used my twist ties. It is the best way ever to LST. You can position the tiny hooks wherever you'd like, and use as much/little tie as you need. Making any variation of LST very easy. You can find the sticky hooks at almost any hardware store/walmart. The twist ties are around $5 from any hydro store or home depot.
It's as easy as sticking the hook down onto your lid, tying a piece of wire twist tie to it, and bending your branch and securing it. The thing that I like best about this way to LST, is the hooks never move and the ties allow for the branch to grow without cutting the branch at all. Here's a few pics, sorry for the last crappy one. I'll get a real camera once the bills are paid! Thanks for looking. Just thought I'd share some idears :smokin:

3m1.jpg

+
twisttie.jpg

=
110308_114318.jpg

:roorrip:

Awesome dude. Thank you, my res plants were sick for quite a while so I hadnt even begun thinking about LST-ing and topping and all that as of yet but I ended up putting together a dwc bucket x2 for them and would be getting to the LST-ing soon. Nice to know how I can do it without holes..

those would be very handy when you have no where to secure for pulling. good idea!

Back
Top Bottom