Diy led

dadums

They aren't pretty, but they'll do.
DSCF17642.JPG
420 Magazine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty | Description | Price Each | Total Price
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 | Philips Luxeon ES ROYAL BLUE 3 Watt LEDs | $2.99 | $5.98
30 | Philips Luxeon ES Standard Red 3 Watt LEDs | $3.40 | $102.00
2 | 10-16 LED - 3W LED driver -Weather | $18.00 | $40.00
| resistant - 900ma
Include Power cord?: Include 3-Prong USA +$2.00
Power Cord?
2 | Power Plug 12V 1.0A | $4.99 | $9.98
2 | Thermal Adhesive - 1-Part Glue - TSE3941M | $4.99 | $9.98
2 | Pressurizing Cooling Fan with Power | $15.99 | $31.98
| Regulator
20 | 24 Gauge LED Power wire | $0.10 | $2.00
2 | Aluminum Heatsink tubing T6063 1-1/4" | $3.00 | $18.00
Heatsink Length: 30" +$6.00
Precision Cutting?: Yes
Subtotal $219.92
Tax $0.00
Shipping (USA Only Priority 2-3 Day) $21.00
Balance Due $240.92

don't look directly at these when lit!!!!!
:Namaste:

DSCF17655.JPG

I got all the parts at a place that
specializes in conversion kits for
aquariums. There are 16 in series for
each driver. I ran this through them
and they said it would be fine.
Driver specs

This is a budget LED driver designed to run a series of 3W LEDs, great for tiny tanks or simple moonlighting where dependability isn't paramount. One end plugs into your wall socket, the other end plugs into your LEDs. This makes it easy to put on a timer.
TECH SPECS-
-Max # LEDs - 16
-Type of driver - Bucking
-Max Current - 900ma
-Max Voltage input - 250Vac
-Max Voltage output - 48Vdc (combined LED voltage draw)
-Minimum Voltage input - 85Vac
-Minimum Voltage output - 30Vdc (combined LED voltage draw)
-Maximum Efficiency - 85%

I got all the parts at a place that
specializes in conversion kits for
aquariums. There are 16 in series for
each driver. I ran this through them
and they said it would be fine.
Driver specs

This is a budget LED driver designed to run a series of 3W LEDs, great for tiny tanks or simple moonlighting where dependability isn't paramount. One end plugs into your wall socket, the other end plugs into your LEDs. This makes it easy to put on a timer.
TECH SPECS-
-Max # LEDs - 16
-Type of driver - Bucking
-Max Current - 900ma
-Max Voltage input - 250Vac
-Max Voltage output - 48Vdc (combined LED voltage draw)
-Minimum Voltage input - 85Vac
-Minimum Voltage output - 30Vdc (combined LED voltage draw)
-Maximum Efficiency - 85%

I've built several projects with Steve's LEDs and every single one is still running with only one issue on the first build and that was my fault. The LED's that they sell are some of the best available and their support is even better!

I'm not a fan of the budget drivers but they will do...I use the digital drivers that Steve's sells.

I used to use parts from RapidLED, but the Luxeon's are much better/brighter! I also have their Aurora Module to control my growroom day. I also built a Green LED Moonlight setup so I could go into the room when the lights are out, but I usually can't stay long because the intensity of Green LED is very hard on your eyes and can produce an incredible headache.

I also just built a setup with their 12 watt White LED's but won't be using them to grow. These are ridiculously Bright!!!

Good luck with your setup...

do you add the forward voltage of the leds together to get the total number of volts your driver needs to output with constant current or do you add the total amount of amps your leds need to get the total current your driver needs to output with a constant voltage

Very bitchen!!

Something like this would work so great on my new setup! Cannot wait to build one similar soon. I was wanting to build like a wall/perimeter ring and floor/under canopy strips of led or cfl to supplement some 1k hps lights.

If you were to make say 5 more sets of those lights and then sell them, what would you charge per set?

Very cool, those suckers seem super bright!

Very bitchen!!

Something like this would work so great on my new setup! Cannot wait to build one similar soon. I was wanting to build like a wall/perimeter ring and floor/under canopy strips of led or cfl to supplement some 1k hps lights.

If you were to make say 5 more sets of those lights and then sell them, what would you charge per set?

Very cool, those suckers seem super bright!

Yes they are bright don't look directly at them you'll see spots...
I don't have time to make more. Go to Steve's leds and check it out.
They are easy to build just have to be careful soldering.
You can make different lengths I can held choose the driver
and # of leds. You'll want to get different colors mine are only for the
last stage of flowering.
https://shop.stevesleds.com/

Does anyone think old PCs could be Recycled/converted in to LED hoods/lights. Seems you would already a power supply and fans and a box frame. if you can let me know this would make a good small business

Does anyone think old PCs could be Recycled/converted in to LED hoods/lights. Seems you would already a power supply and fans and a box frame. if you can let me know this would make a good small business

I don't think as a business it would fly you're working with many unknowns like how old is the power supply or fan.
Your supply of used cases would all be different so you couldn't build one set of brackets.
You may be able to make a generic kit.
wheels churning
I like my caseless light strips they take up VERY little room, perfect
for tight spaces. With a little ingenuity sit vertically on the floor for side lighting.
may have to start business.

Back
Top Bottom