Making stable e-liquid from cannabis extract

I'm writing this protocol to show how simple it is to make ejuice from cannabis extracts (hash,budder,shatter,Qwiso, Qwet, etc.)

I see a lot of people who desire an eliquid delivery system for their cannabis concentrates. I have tried different methods and in the end love this one for its simplicity and quality of product. It can easily be adjusted for varied potency.

Materials:
EJmix (commercial product of Propylene glycol (PG) and Polyethylene Glycol (PEG). Substances are generally considered safe and PG is one of main components in nicotine e-juice. PG is fairly fluid and a good flavor carrier PEG is a good emulsifier to keep the concentrates in suspension. Methods I have seen that use only PG or Vegetable glycerine (VG) often separate and must be shaken before or during use. EJmix with PEG does not separate.

Concentrate to Ejmix volume is 1:1. So here I have some concentrate I made from trim leaf and fans. Looks like E.T.

image6421.jpeg

Dried all the way:

image6422.jpeg

So I measure our 0.5g concentrate for a small batch of ejuice. Gather up:
1.frying pan
2.ceramic dish
3.water
4.thermometer
5.shot glass
6.syringe and blunt needle

image6459.jpeg

Assemble everything as follows.

image6460.jpeg

@150 degrees Fahrenheit works fine for me and you keep the terpenes. I have found I really don't need to decarboxylate. I get mighty blazed when I vaporize this ejuice.you are free to decarboxylate if that is your preference. But your flavor will be better if you don't! So you do a basic 1:1 ejuice to concentrate. If you find that is too strong then add more VG,PG,or Ejmix. So doing the approximation that 1ml=1g (eliquid and hash are close enough) we can do 0.5ml Ejmix and the 0.5g concentrate. I drop ten drops of Ejmix into the warm shot glass. On top of that I add the concentrate then stir with the dab tool. The moment it starts dissolving I remove the shot glass from heat and stir in the rest. We are trying to minimize the heat required. After it is fully dissolved I suck it up into the syringe with a blunt tip. I pull as much as I can into the syringe. It has a nice consistency.

image6461.jpeg

image6462.jpeg

image6463.jpeg

Then I push up to get the final volume. 1ml as expected. I wipe out the shot glass with buds, makes a great bong hit or vape that way. The ejuice I either use on top of bud in my vaporizer, or on a silica sick in a dripping atomizer with home wrapped nichrome80 mini coil. You could use this ejuice any way ejuice can be used. That means it will work in a tank. But I recommend you don't use a tank because of the effects that tanks have.

I like the flavor of concentrates. I love the intense terpene hit. In a dripping atomizer I can vape it then burn the coils red. It gets rid of any buildup and then I can vape again. Every hit is as wonderful as the first. With a tank the tank liquid becomes a heat sink for the metal heating coils. So you slow cook your eliquid. It's just the name of the game. No avoiding it. So if I had some lower quality concentrate a tank would be ok. But even so I would prefer to use a dripping atomizer.

For those that desire the tank experience this juice will work as well or better than any other cannabis ejuice. But do expect the flavor to change over time as the liquid is heated. I will post new topics soon about wrapping coils for ejuice and using variable voltage ecig mods.

Nice! I like to just put concentrate straight into this thing:

20151102_175920.jpg

You need a sub-ohm temperature controlled mod for it to work right. I run mine at about 10 watts and 320 degrees. With terpine conserved concentrates the true vaping experience is so tasty it's dangerous to have the unit close at hand... There is a little problem with splatter but not much. No odor to speak of while vaping. Very portable and discrete. I've tried a few other concentrate pens and there are many sold by sponsors here. Meh. This thing rocks, however!

I'll try your formula for the ejuice soon, Shiggs. I have a drip tip around here somewhere...

Nice! I like to just put concentrate straight into this thing:

20151102_175920.jpg

You need a sub-ohm temperature controlled mod for it to work right. I run mine at about 10 watts and 320 degrees. With terpine conserved concentrates the true vaping experience is so tasty it's dangerous to have the unit close at hand... There is a little problem with splatter but not much. No odor to speak of while vaping. Very portable and discrete. I've tried a few other concentrate pens and there are many sold by sponsors here. Meh. This thing rocks, however!

I'll try your formula for the ejuice soon, Shiggs. I have a drip tip around here somewhere...

Nice PeeJay! For me I use straight up concentrates in the firefly vape. I usually let them melt into some bud. I want to get one of the wire concentrate pads for it.

The e liquid is just so convenient to use for a dripper at home. Each person gets a good set of hits and I reapply for the next person so quickly with the syringe.

Looks like I am going to get a kiln. I like the idea and it is not too expensive. I can use it on my Sigelei 100w.

Alright, I've found another home! Before I got into this hobby, I was all about the vaporizers. I'm a mouth to lung mostly, so I'm not a huge fan of sub-ohm or TC mods, but I have a few. My go-to rig remains an iStick 50w and an aspire nautilus or three (gotta have a few flavors loaded and ready to go, right?) for convenience and tons of battery by staying at above-ohm wattages. Not really a cloud chaser, but I can fill a room easily enough so I'm not sure why I'd need more.

Anyway, once I get this growin' thing down I'll be back on this for a refresher, I'll need to pick an RDA.

Woot, more uses for my mods is always exciting! :)

Edit: And like a sucker, I'm still buying someone else's e-juice rather than making my own. Another hobby for another day...

Sooooo awesome shiggityflip! Thanks for this write up! Hey so maybe you can help me understand what is the difference between your mod and my vision spinner varible voltage with a mini nautilus tank?

Sooooo awesome shiggityflip! Thanks for this write up! Hey so maybe you can help me understand what is the difference between your mod and my vision spinner varible voltage with a mini nautilus tank?
Mainly capacity and amperage. The larger mods will allow more current to flow, but it seems that is not necessary for cannabis. Your mod should work fine for cannabis eliquid. Like I said I would get and RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) or you could use your nautilus mini. I just wouldn't fill it very far.

I just ordered a Sigelei 75w TC mod. It has temperature control so you can use nickel wire and specify vape temp. I also ordered one of the kiln atomizers to check it out. I will do a separate thread on delivery options soon!

I have got to learn more about vaporizers, I am at best a novice user having only bought one pen that has three cartridges. One for leaf, one for wax, one for juices. I tried making some EJuice from PG/VG in a MagicButter machine, and the juice looks great, a nice honey color, just like the buds, but has no effect at all. I now have almost 4 cups of useless PG/VG CannaJuice and I'm out about 50 grams of good WW bud! Oh well, it's how an old guy learns new tricks. I'll keep reading ...

Best Of Buds

JB

I have got to learn more about vaporizers, I am at best a novice user having only bought one pen that has three cartridges. One for leaf, one for wax, one for juices. I tried making some EJuice from PG/VG in a MagicButter machine, and the juice looks great, a nice honey color, just like the buds, but has no effect at all. I now have almost 4 cups of useless PG/VG CannaJuice and I'm out about 50 grams of good WW bud! Oh well, it's how an old guy learns new tricks. I'll keep reading ...

Best Of Buds

JB

JB the VG/PG just doesn't extract the cannabinoids and terpenes effectively. So it is much easier and a better result to start with solvent extracted hash (honey oil, Qwet, Qwiso,budder, shatter) These have already been extracted with a solvent like ethanol or isopropanol. But I am not a big fan of isopropanol.

I imagine this protocol would work for ice hash but I would probably dissolve the ice hash in ethanol overnight in a freezer then filter it(winterizing). When making ethanol based hash it is always important to stay super cold. The idea is to keep the water soluble chlorophyll frozen while extracting the cannabinoids and terps. Then I would filter the extraction and let it dry into hash. After that you could proceed with the protocol I have written.

Whoa! Absolute novice here, and although you guys have my heart beating faster at the possibilities, most of what you're saying is absolute gibberish to me. Good Lord, I have so much to learn. You guys intimidate the hell out of me. I mean, I just got my first vaporizer before I left home to go on vacation and I didn't even have to research, because it was a gift that just showed up one day. I didn't have long enough with it to even fake my way through learning to maximize its potential.

How is it I keep getting thrust into all this new stuff without notice? The day I left for the airport, as I was leaving the building, I had a portable vaporizer arrive, also out of the blue, also with no idea how to even operate it, not even out of the box yet. I feel like I need a sit-down tutorial on this stuff and none of you live in my neighborhood. Dang!

Where's my copy of the dictionary of cannabis lingo? Where does one learn to speak this language? Seriously. I'm hungry to learn, but when I read your posts it's so far out of my knowledge base I want to turn tail and run.

Sue I will explain anything you care to ask! As many times as you want.

Thank you Shiggity. You can be sure I'll take you up on that offer. When I get home I want to study this more closely.

ShiggityFlip,

If you ever want a ton of visitors and traffic on a thread, just have SweetSue start it for you ... any thread at all, any subject at all. 420Mag folks will flock to it like a free seed giveaway. She has a 30+ page journal without even a seed being wetted! BUT, she is an intelligent and nice person wiling to share her life's wisdom ... all without being preachy.

I'm going to try making some eJuice this weekend from some Ice Hash winterized as you suggest. Small batch this time, I'm not going to waste about 2 oz of good bud again! Thanks for you guidance and instruction, much appreciated.

Best Of Buds

JB

:Namaste::Namaste:

So a 15ml bottle would go a decent ways? Since you only used .5g of concentrate and .5 ml of ejmix is that for a single vape session or does it go a ways? Should I even bother with getting flavoring? Do you cut it with vg at all? And if so why? Sorry for all the questions I just wanna know these things before I give it a go myself.

Well for some reason i couldnt order the ejmix so i ordered some flavorless vapeur extract which is supposed to be the same thing as ejmix from what i read, anyways i just recently bought an aspire alantis with a .3 ohm coil and i also bought the eleaf istick tc40w which i am enjoying a lot for my nicotine ejuice hope it works just as well when i make this cannabis ejuice. Btw the vapeur extract is said to be able to be mixed at a 2:1 ratio where the 2 is the extract and 1 is the vapeur extract liquid. I hope it will still work like yours does all my research showed that it remains stable.

Another great topic Shiggity!

i recently got the motivation to vape exclusively and for now just have a Blackout-X Prem31r pen for dry bud; comes with extract chamber, but until i make my own, i won't be smoking anyone else's extracts.

but this!

this is how i wanted to vaporize, and wasn't sure it could be done effectively without some serious jimmy-janking. It seems like a way more economical way of doing things, and without having to pack the chamber over and over and over with a measly 0.2g every time, I'm interested.

I've already cut my consumption in half from a gram a day to half a gram, but if i could get away with only filling the chamber once every couple days, i'd be much happier with it.

I'll be watching this thread to learn more about this for sure.. between plans to buy a tabletop (Vapor Rise?) and this method, I hope to vaporize exclusively before too long. (funds allowing)

Still smoking the odd ball of finger hash from a buddy tho for now hehe

cheers.

joyetch e-vic after testing all different vapors this is the one i found best so far. I use the watt at 15w cold and fully open pen with air. this is when using 50/50 mix of licterin and pg. Made oil with my mb machine"magicalbutter" we used several different vics and some lasted few hours some lasted a dfay but the last one ti titanium vic with 0.5 ohm is the final version and has lasted 1 week. yes cost retail on the vic i have is $80 and the canister $25 but comes with 3 vics. The important thing that i have added is 2 to 3 drops of Nicobin summer blend 0& nicotine and concentrate. this makes it better through the vic and also helps the flavor . But most don't know that you first need to fill the vic and make sure the vic it self has filled to the top before inserting it. If you don't you burn it up. Once filled you fill the container with the oil and ad a few drops 2 or 3 of the nicobin concentrate summer blend. It is not legal yet in Florida but am working on perfecting the mix. I think it is perfect right now and most say that love it and is just a smooth not a sleepy feeling. Smole is big big with this vapor . But my miz to perfection came from
1.1 oz of herb
2.2.5 cups of VG
2 table spoons of soy Listerine"yes it is great even if they say hard to make smoke not right"

then once the extract is done i mix 50/50 with vg
I then add to my pen and a 2 drops of the nicobine.

the mix i do for 8 hours with the magical butter machine.
once done just perfect.
i have test 7 different pens and most burn the vic after half way done of oil.
so 15w and TRON atomizer pen and use vt-ti titanium vic only one that can handle thick oil for weeks the other ni 1 day temp ss half a day

so not only does the oil matter but the vape pen is wery important.

if not glas the oil will stick on the sides also so tempered glas or better
just my opinions and research for past 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom