Best dry herb vape pen

PurpleGunRack

Hi 420!

What's your favorite vape pen for dry herb and why?

I have a Yocan 94F, but I'm looking for a pen with a heating chamber in stead of a coil.

:Namaste:

I have a k-vape micro-dx which worked well but the mouthpiece cracked after only a week and I wasn't able to find a replacement anywhere in my area. As a result I got the G-Pro because a replacement mouthpiece for that brand can be found anywhere. They are both very good vapes and the only real difference between them (besides the mouthpiece issue) is that the micro-dx displays the temperature and the G-Pro doesn't.

Hi 420!

What's your favorite vape pen for dry herb and why?

I have a Yocan 94F, but I'm looking for a pen with a heating chamber in stead of a coil.

:Namaste:

I am also looking for a good dry herb vape pen. Since this post have you found a favorite?

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I won a Tru-va Kind Pen in one of the 420 contests, and it's wonderful. It hasn't been far out of reach since I got it. Gets top reviews everywhere I look, and looks quite cheap to purchase as well. Lifetime warranty on all parts (!). Several other people on 420 have won these pens recently, and I hear nothing but happy sounds.

I won a Tru-va Kind Pen in one of the 420 contests, and it's wonderful. It hasn't been far out of reach since I got it. Gets top reviews everywhere I look, and looks quite cheap to purchase as well. Lifetime warranty on all parts (!). Several other people on 420 have won these pens recently, and I hear nothing but happy sounds.

Hi Weaselcracker,

Thanks for your recommendation on the Truva Kind Pen. I checked out a few videos and their website. Gonna add this one to my list.

Question for you, how long does the battery last? Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've read differing things and I haven't had mine long so don't have a clear answer yet. Basically it lasts me all day if I'm hitting it hard- which I have been. Everyone has a different idea of 'hitting it hard'. I can do a lot of vaping before it dies. I've yet to time it. I've also yet to time the charge time- but it's more than two hours for sure.
I'm pretty sure it says in the manual to always drain it before charging. I'm meaning to double check that. I didn't check what kind of battery it has or whether it has a 'memory' or not- but it would obviously be far more convenient if you could charge it whenever you want. Not very convenient waiting for the battery to die before you can charge it up.
I'll try to get a better answer to your questions. I may ask Tead or Sweetsue. I'm sure they've been using theirs very hard.

I've got the Atmos Boss vape pen. It's okay but I find all pens have too small chambers. The Boss will get you high but I hardly ever use it. I'd recommend staying away from pens. Most of the portable vapes like Zeus or Ascent are pretty small anyway and they fricken' rock.

I see a few people on here using a Truva, The Kind Pen and have a question for those folks.
I have one too, and the taste of the pen is so strong, I can't taste my meds! It tastes so bad, I can't use it at all.
Did anyone else have this issue? Does it get better?

The HotBox

Hmmm. No I can't say I've had that experience at all. It's got quite a nice taste - not very strong. If I put it on the highest setting it's stronger- borderline smoke- but nothing near as strong as smoking from a pipe.

Ok so by the sounds of it you don't get a funky taste, a chemical or rubber burning onto hot metal type of flavor.
This is my first vaping experience so that's why I ask.
I've cleaned it multiple times, I even bought some bud from the dispensary to see if it had anything to do with my homegrown bud. But Nope... so I've emailed the company, because I must have a bad one.

Thanks for the reply :)

The HotBox

It is sort of a floral taste- had to explain- maybe a mild tingling in the mouth like a hint of mouthwash but nicer.

I wish!
What I'm getting is disgusting.
Closer to siphoning gas than mouthwash ;)
Ok so there is definitely something wrong here. It's quite warm to hold, and getting hot!
I've emailed the retail store too.
We'll see.
Thanks.

The HotBox

It does get very warm especially on the high setting. I can't see anything that could create a bad flavour other than contamination of some sort.

That's kind of what I would think too by its design.

Support at The Kind Pen told me to turn the heat down and try it. Let them know if its any better.
So I let them know it's not any better, on any setting.

The retail shop I bought it as says they will refund my money.
So I sent it back via post.

I have now purchased one directly from The Kind Pen, and hope that it works properly.

I'm still interested in what support from The Kind Pen has to say :)
The medium in the chamber I vaporized, was burnt, black.
That doesn't sound right for a convection based vaporizer.

Yeah I never saw the leftovers turn any darker than brown. I usually use the medium setting though. I was thinking about it last night and trying to decide if the flavour could be described as 'bad'. It doesn't seem bad to me but different people could have different reactions I suppose. Either way- it's not especially strong tasting.

Yeah I never saw the leftovers turn any darker than brown. I usually use the medium setting though. I was thinking about it last night and trying to decide if the flavour could be described as 'bad'. It doesn't seem bad to me but different people could have different reactions I suppose. Either way- it's not especially strong tasting.

It's funny you say that as when I wrote the first post I thought, how can I convey this smell and taste across the Internet? Lol.

I tried it with 3 kinds of bud. Cleaned it each time.
Started at the lowest setting, medium and then hottest. Bad all the way.

Ok so my buddy brought over his vaporizer for me to try. No foul taste, no weird chemical smells. His pipe, if you call it that, did what I expected it to do.

That's why I just went ahead and ordered another from the manufacturer, and returned the first one that I bought online.

I'll give it this one try. I don't think it will stop me from smoking my bud though. I'll mostly use it when I'm out and about and need my meds ;)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My vote for a dry herb vape is for my G pen elite. A large ceramic bowl & digital readout w/ totally variable temp setting. Plus a bong attachment !

Totally forgot about this thread ;)

Well I found IT, the Grasshopper, actually it's the only true pen style vaporizer for dry herb.
I got the titanium version, there's also a stainless steel version that's a bit cheaper.

It's a stealth device and that's about it, vape is quite harsh compared to my Boundless CFV box style vaporizer (both are full convection) and it's not possible to take more than 2 consecutive puffs (big puffs) because the pen gets too hot for the lips.
There's like 4 big puffs on a chamber and you can make some seriously big and dense clouds with this.

I'd only recommend it if you have a very serious need for stealth, for every other use there's somethinig much better and most likely cheaper available.

The only unstealthy thing about it, is the fact that the harsh vape will most likely make you cough, I tried it in the city center main shopping street and blew out a fat cloud of vape and made the area smell all green, saw some people looking for someone holding a spliff, so funny ;)
It looks like a pen and more than once I caught myself reaching out for it when I needed a pen :)

DSC020927.jpg

DSC0208912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom