Making e-liqud from vaped weed

Beckyj17

I currently vape dry herb but I am thinking about switching to e-liquid which I plan to make myself. I have watched some youtube videos and have learned that the weed needs to be decarbed in order for the e-liquid to reach it's full potency and vaping is a form of decarboxylation. Has anyone used their vaped weed to make e-liquid and how potent did the e-liquid turn out?

I currently vape dry herb but I am thinking about switching to e-liquid which I plan to make myself. I have watched some youtube videos and have learned that the weed needs to be decarbed in order for the e-liquid to reach it's full potency and vaping is a form of decarboxylation. Has anyone used their vaped weed to make e-liquid and how potent did the e-liquid turn out?

I have used both decarbed (RSO) and non-decarbed (QWISO) oils side by side, made with the same strains in my vape pens. The results were just as good. Mostly it is personal preference. In my opinion, the QWISO mix tasted better, especially with the sub-ohm vaping.

If it is not for e-cannabis and for vaping the oil straight, decarbing first will only degrade the oil experience. It will burn more easily and not taste as good.

I do NOT recommend decarbing buds before making into oil. There is no purpose for it.

Grow Goddes is right. The oil is decarbed (automatically) by the heating that occurs when doing the vaping. You only need to decarb if the cannibis you use doesn't get heated before or during use (like oil on a salad, one of my favorites).

Do decarb before cooking, as the heat during cooking can be very uneven (typically much hotter near the edges of the pan). THC vaporizes at approx. 311 deg. so don't go anywhere near this temp. unless you're actually dosing yourself. If you cook over this temperature, you'll be losing some THC as it evaporates into the air.

Back
Top Bottom