correct size reservoir for 3x6 ebb flow -40 gallon?

o2much4me

On a Botanicare 3x6 ebb flow table with a 40 gallon reservoir -just was wondering if this was the right size. I thought it would need 70 to flood it if you were using 1 gallon container Hydroton. Can a 40 gallon work? How many gallons floods a hydroton 3x6 set up?
Thanks.

thanks lovethestuff. I think there is a mathmatic formula, but I am sure somebody here will know if 40 gal will work

thanks lovethestuff. I think there is a mathmatic formula, but I am sure somebody here will know if 40 gal will work

Well, if a 3'x3' takes 30 gal and yours is 3'x6' .......... umm 2x30 gal ?????

70 gal sounds a lot closer to what you need than the 40, but I could be full of guano.:smokin:

DD

true DD Botanicare said that a 3x6 holds about 45 gallons if empty. so if using a botanicare system a 70 gal would be compatible with the 3x6

Let's assume you flood to a depth of 6 inches:

3 ft x 6 ft x 6 in. = 36 in. x 72 in. x 6 in. = 15552 cubic inches

1 US gallon = 231.00 cubic inches

15552 / 231 = 67.325 gallons

So I would say you need at least the 70 gallon tank.

Good Luck...

OverGrow

great answer 420

Thanks, I admit that I had to look up the volume of a gallon, but the formula is something I was gonna need anyway.

And remember the larger your reservoir, the less pH and PPM swings in a short period of time.

A hundred gallon tank would not be too large if you can handle it. While a hassle to setup, you would probably only change it once when you go to flower.
(Assuming your nutrients are dialed in....)

Let us know about your setup once you complete it. :goodluck:

OverGrow :peace:

Back
Top Bottom