Perpetual Grow in Ebb and Flow

Caber1

Ok so I finally was able to build a small veg room with an ebb and flow table.

I'm going to go to a hydroton/multiple flood per day as per some that I have seen.

What I want to do is get the perpetual cycle where I take from the propagation tray (clones/seed) and then go right to the veg room then to flower.

If I already have vegetating plants receiving full nutrients already does anybody think that this could pose a problem to the new arrivals?
If it is going to be a problem I am wondering how others have solved this issue.
I was of the opinion that this would be okay because unlike soil where the roots would be sitting constantly in the nutrient solution, in hydroponics the intermittent watering/water buffer should make it okay.
Feel free to let me know if I am out to lunch on this. I don't want to hurt the babies.

Saw your post. I'm doing a staggered grow with 4 1k lights now. I've been vegging up to it for some time and my first batch is only 40 days into flowering now. I plan for a batch of 4 plants every 10 days.
I decided on a rotation because I believe it will produce 50% more volume over growing a single batch with what I have available to me for a few simple reasons:
Flower room is always full
I can veg batches of 4 plants up to 60 days in a separate closet. The only place I have to veg a full batch of plants to that size is my flower room so I gain extra weeks flower time in my main room not vegging there and have plants with extra time in veg.
I can also cure one batch at a time on the back side where I face the same issue. The only room I have fully vented is my main flower room. So I don't have to wait to dry to put in the new batch.
More Plants
I move the oldest batch beside the lights while it flushes. One of my batches is always new and smaller giving me a little more room for the older batches. I always have more plants in the flower room then I could on a single batch.

I've solved the issues I face from multiple batches with some real cheap equipment. I'll see if there's any interest in this before I go on.

I have seen ebb & flow with seperate dutch style drain trays. Each batch of plants had their own tray so ages were easy to keep control of and each tray had its own resivoir. That`s the only way I have ever seen it work flawlessly. Im sure there are other tricks to it but I dont know them. Having seperate res`s allowes you to isolate Ph, ppm, and beneficial addatives depending on the age of the plants.

I think one would burn the newly rooted cuttings if they were introduced to full strength nutes several times a day. That`s just my opinion from my experiences. Happy Growing

In answer to my own question, yes, babies can go straight from propagation(after developing a good set of roots) to full strength nutrients in the veg room/tray and thrive quite nicely.

Back
Top Bottom