Questions about my first ebb flow system?

greenboy

i have been looking around but havnt been able to find a couple things,....
i just pick up a microgarden that fills about 5 inches deep when flooded,....curently with 5x5x5 pots with holes just on the bottom,...with 2 garden bright hood with 2 - 250 watt veg lights,.. room vented at76 degs,..a friend has a 100% indica bean. here comes the questions,.....or if someone can point me to a thread,....mucho apperacited :)

i believe the bean should be put in a shot glass with water in dark warm place approx 18/24 hrs until it drops,...then into some rockwool the size of a cork then into the clay pellets in the 5x5 pots,....with lights at 18/6 cycle,...water with spray bottle for a week,.. then spray bottle soultion at 1/3 strengh,.....when should i start the flood cycle? im thinking 3 times for 15 mintutes if i use clay with that rockwool cork size thing to start? thanks for any hepl!! im gonna keep reading :)

I know I have alot to read and learn,.....the 5x5 r out just gonna fill the flood tray with clay petters and some rockwool to start seed,......how big or how manes weeks old should plants be before I flood 3 times per 18hrs of light?

You still looking for answers? Sometimes it helps to post pics so that folks can really see what you need.
I use a ebb and flow system and if you are using just straight hydroton(clay balls) in your pots then you should be able to flood as many times as you like.
My guys get a flood once an hour over the 18 hours that the light is on.
The flowering get a flood every 1 hour and 10 min.

Thanks for the reply,........yes,....I still have some questions
my girl is 3 weeks 2 days old,....she is 10 inches tall,....19 inches wide from fan tip to tip,......she is in 4 inch rockwool cube set in hydroton,.....currently I flood every 4 hrs for 15 minutes,.....with lights on and off.
my question is,....this weekend im switching to flower time,....12 / 12 lights on and off,.......when I start to flower, .....should I flood every 4 hrs for 15 minutes even when lights are off?
thanks so much for the help

The general feeling is that flooding should only be done when the lights are on. Something to do with the way plants uptake food.

It would probably will be easier to watch the cubes and judge their dampness when lights are on.

I only use hydroton and my flowering females easily make it through the lights off time when they receive no flooding.

Start with the once every 4 hours and if things look good then stay with what you know.

Back
Top Bottom