Growin 'TheCapt'n' style using 3x2 ebb/flow w/25 gal rez topfeed. Need help deciding

Good afternoon :420:

I have been reading journals by 'TheCaptn' who is best known on these forums for growing TheCapt'n style.
He uses many different styles of growing but i am most interested in top feed.

In one of TheCaptn's journals( I wish i could find that post..too much meds man) I saw him using a 3x2 flood table atop a pvc structure that looks like this:
Amazon: Botanicare HSTGEF Turbogarden Complete E/F : Lawn And Garden Hand Tools

1666932108443.png

I said my...that looks familiar!:geek:
I went into my storage and saw i had the same thing.Used it many years ago. In fact it was my 1st dro setup using ebb flow in 7 inch square pots.
I have the table and rez (25 gal).
I forgot it was even here. So i started to clean it up and figure how i could use this to grow top feed TheCapt'n style.:hookah:

My question is what type container? I prefer smart pots ( plastic or fabric?(not sure what size would fit here) (maybe 4 1gal or 3 2gal or 2 3gal/5 gal?)
Or...maybe I put 1 7gal or 10 gal pot there?

I would buy a 4 outlet air pump to aeriate the 25gal rez using some airstones.
Not sure on which pump would be best or air stones for that matter but I wont over think this part. I DO know I need oxygen to them roots! :thumb:
Then I would need to buy a water pump that would feed the drip lines to the smart pots from the rez below.
Wonder what hoses and fittings I would need to top feed?
How i would regulate the flow of nutes?

I currently have a root spa DWC(in another tent).
Smart(fabric) pot setup and it works very well but the coco watering is manual. yuk!
I don't like to transplant. I prefer to place them in their final homes from the beginning and just add medium around them as they get bigger.

I prefer to start my seeds soaking them in distilled water in a glass over night then place them into Oasis Rootcubes soaked with distilled water and a few drops of GH rapid start. Since these cubes are foam, they are easy to shave and shape so I can take them from the germ tray into my 3 gal 36 site aero-cloner unit.
I sit the cubes in a 1.75 netpot and they can remain there until a few weeks into veg.
Then when the root mass is mature, but not tangled with the other roots..I can place them directly into a final pot... 1.75 inch netpot included!;)

I am planning to get a 5x5x7 tent that I will run 2x 600w hps/mh air-cooled hoods w/6 inch hydrofarm extraction fan with 6x16 Phresh filter.
This is the best place on the web for all things cannabis. Thank you all in advance.:Namaste:
Thanx y'all! :peacetwo:

herb_over_the_world.JPG

Re: Growin 'TheCapt'n' style using 3x2 ebb/flow w/25 gal rez topfeed. Need help decid

Someone pm'd me this link....duh! How to: Simple Hydroponics
Let me read thru this and update you all.
It appears this has a few answers i'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom