A few questions for experienced Ebb & Flow growers!

fortphoenix

HELLO!!! First let me give you a rundown on what i plan on doing

3x6 ebb & flow botanicare tray (7"height)
36 (8 week) high yielding indica dominant plants
lucas formula
either 1k gavita or 2 600w air-cooled hps (which do you think?)
2 gallon spart pots with hydroton
lollipoping the plants
DIY aero cloner with tall rubbermaid tote (no medium)
I want to root/veg in my aerocloner for 4 weeks total (i really dont want mother plants)

here are my questions...

1) Given that I want to root/veg in my aerocloner for 4 weeks TOTAL (for a perpetual cycle 2), would it be possible to clone a clone after only 2 weeks in the aerocloner? do you think a 2week old clone would be big enough to clone from?

2) Should i add hydroton/netpot to the clones when its rooted? how rooted?

3) Would the roots be too long at the end of 4 weeks in the aerocloner to put it in a 2gallon smartpot (8"H x 7"W) with the hydroton? howlong are roots on a 4 week old clone on average? (tried finding pictures, no luck)

4) Would it be too much shock for the plant to go from a netpot in veg/aero one day to smartpot/ebb&flow in flower the next? how could i avoid shock? how much would the shock affect the plant/growth/speed?

5) with all these variables done correctly and proper environment control do you think i could get around a zip of dried bud per plant?

thank you all very much for any feedback, sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to do this thing right now

BONUS QUESTION!!!! (sorry i know I'm pushing it) lol

- If the roots would be too long/big to put in the smart pots after 4 weeks, would it be possible to cut 36 holes for the netcups in my tray-cover and put the netcups with the plant&hydroton in the tray-cover holes so the netcups are suspended in the air and the only medium is the hydroton is in the netcup? i assume it could work but id probably have to just flood more times a day. what are your thoughts? Thanks!!

1. if the clone is big enough when you first took it, try to get them with two tops. although bottom line is your environment for your clones will determine how big the roots are as well as the strain, some strains take a little longer to root.
2.if your going into a smart pot don't bother. allthough they will need food once rooted.
3.No they would be fine, the average length would be based simply on the grower/setup/genetics.
4. no they will be fine, but again if you need to leave them in a cloner feed them and lift them out every few days to make sure the roots don't get tangled with other plants. then just put them in the smartpots. when they first hit flower they will start changing into flower you shouldn't see to much stress or shock as they are transforming into flower mode anyway.

5. at least. with proper lighting and air flow.

Bonus question:
you could but you would need water to stay in there and some air stones just flooding would be dangerous. a dwc would be more forgiving.

Good luck..

Back
Top Bottom