First week of flooding: Ebb & Flow

steppedinds

for the fellow ebb and flow growers: for the first week after planting your rockwool cubes into your hydroton trays, how long do you set your timers? is every 3 hours at 6 minutes too much if the flood is halfway over the rockwool cubes? obviously there are not yet alot of roots outside the cubes, and i dont want to over water them before the roots spread out into the hydroton. they were previously on just 1 flood per day.
pics included on how i have my cubes planted and my current setup, link to grow in sig. :thanks:

lights and scrog were lowered after this pic was taken btw. this was right after planting
Flood-and-Drain-Ebb-and-Flow_1.jpg
DSCF29051.JPG
DSCF29061.JPG
DSCF29072.JPG

High Steppedinds
Nice to meet ya!
As for me when I use hydroton and or rw I start watering a lot and very often
Keep them roots wet and wanting more

Of course there can be negative effects from too much
Like for me the damn fungus gnats love wet media

Looks good!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Early in veg I set my timer for every 6 hours and now with a larger root system I have it set for every 12 hours. As for how long it floods that will vary from system to system depending on how much water it actually takes to flood the tray and how much flow your pump has. There's a link in my signature to the thc bomb grow I have in my diy flood and drain table. Good luck.

for the fellow ebb and flow growers: for the first week after planting your rockwool cubes into your hydroton trays, how long do you set your timers? is every 3 hours at 6 minutes too much if the flood is halfway over the rockwool cubes? obviously there are not yet alot of roots outside the cubes, and i dont want to over water them before the roots spread out into the hydroton. they were previously on just 1 flood per day.
pics included on how i have my cubes planted and my current setup, link to grow in sig. :thanks:

lights and scrog were lowered after this pic was taken btw. this was right after planting
Flood-and-Drain-Ebb-and-Flow_1.jpg
DSCF29051.JPG
DSCF29061.JPG
DSCF29072.JPG
I've had mine set for every three hours for 30 minutes. Seems to be OK.

Back
Top Bottom