Ebb & Flow watering - how often?

tomfrey

I use a ebb & flow system. How often should the plants be watered ? My timer worls in 5 min intervals, and I currently have it come om every 3 hours when the lights are on, and once during darkness.....

The plant will tell you. It will take some time to get this down. I found that different strains like different watering times. If you haven't had any problems with under/over watering then I would leave it. I have a buddy who uses the same system and will see what he likes and get back to you. Peace

Re: Ebb & Flow watering - how often ?

15 minutes 3 times a day during the light cycle. 15 minutes should start when your system is full of water. It takes me about 20 minutes for my system to fill so I have mine set for 45 min on 3 times a day. Do you have an airstone in your resevoir?

EDIT.... I just realized how old this thread is. Oh well, it'll still be useful to someone

15 minutes 3 times a day during the light cycle. 15 minutes should start when your system is full of water. It takes me about 20 minutes for my system to fill so I have mine set for 45 min on 3 times a day. Do you have an airstone in your resevoir?

EDIT.... I just realized how old this thread is. Oh well, it'll still be useful to someone
Yes Stix you just answered one of my questions I was researching:cheesygrinsmiley:.

I water 10 mins every hour. Plants seem to be doing very well. Check out my video of my plants under Bloom Stage 2

Old thread new string :geek:

I'm using a couple of smaller black mixing troughs from Home Depot store. They are $5 and work very well for E&F. For now I use a controller that lets me program whatever times I want for several outputs. I'm using a 1 minute on, or pump cycle, and 7 minutes off. The tubs are full of clay rocks or hydroton, so I'm sure I could go much longer before flooding again. Pumps are pond pumps and only take 45 to 60 max seconds to flood the tub. I'll be changing the times once I get the drip 'appartment complex' system off the same output. The complex is vinyl fence tubing 5" square that holds the netted pots so the roots hang in open air and rest on the bottom of the tube. I want to keep this system fed more often than the E&F. Here I go again on and on.

Plants will show if they don't like the timing but I would think that a good soaking 3 or 4 times a day would suffice. Now that this is old, how did it work or what did you end up using for times?

Back
Top Bottom