Algae on table

dj1714

Just wondering if anybody has experience algae growing on the flood table and do you do anything to take care of it? Not asking just for myself I already taken precautions this time just want others to know what they can do.

Okay no takers I see. LOL
Well I had a bad problem with water left on the flood table(tray). Even though the opposite end of the drain and flood fittings was raised to force the water to the other end there always a little left over and with the perfect sun 500 shining on it would create algae. It didn't really bother me at first but when the roots started growing out of the mesh pots I use and the algae started cover the roots it was time to take action. So I got some panda film and before I started this grow and covered the tray and cut holes in it to fit the pots in. Wifey was worried about air getting to the roots and I already knew fresh air would draw in when the water drained, but just to make sure to make her happy I ran a airline to the tray from a cheap wally world pump. So Far so good. Hope this will help others if they ever come across the same problem.
Happy Growing.

cover_002.jpg

cover_003.jpg

I do use z7 and it really takes care of the roots as my res temps are running around 75 degrees, but it does not prevent algae from forming. I use ro water from my stealth ro300 which really does a good job taking my well water from 750 ppm down to 10 ppm. ;)

I do use z7 and it really takes care of the roots as my res temps are running around 75 degrees, but it does not prevent algae from forming. I use ro water from my stealth ro300 which really does a good job taking my well water from 750 ppm down to 10 ppm. ;)
Oh I wish I installed one. They say tap/wellwater, and ro water have more sodium then distilled but I'm going to say covering the table is the best way to go.

I use a spray bottle filled with 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide (drug store strength, over the counter). If I see green on the table, I spray with this when the pump is off. It safely kills algae without harming anything.

Also, using this H2O2 is acidic and will help lower PH.

DJ please do s journal bro you've been grabbing my attention I wa g to see your skill in action bro

What do you say .

Hey King, wish I had time for a journal. Between working my job and trying to keep up with all the make over jobs at the house it takes up lots of time. I wouldn't say my skills are all that great but I do enjoy the meds that I grow. Hopefully I can start one when some of the jobs at the house are done.

Hey King, wish I had time for a journal. Between working my job and trying to keep up with all the make over jobs at the house it takes up lots of time. I wouldn't say my skills are all that great but I do enjoy the meds that I grow. Hopefully I can start one when some of the jobs at the house are done.

I'll be waiting man .

Okay no takers I see. LOL
Well I had a bad problem with water left on the flood table(tray). Even though the opposite end of the drain and flood fittings was raised to force the water to the other end there always a little left over and with the perfect sun 500 shining on it would create algae. It didn't really bother me at first but when the roots started growing out of the mesh pots I use and the algae started cover the roots it was time to take action. So I got some panda film and before I started this grow and covered the tray and cut holes in it to fit the pots in. Wifey was worried about air getting to the roots and I already knew fresh air would draw in when the water drained, but just to make sure to make her happy I ran a airline to the tray from a cheap wally world pump. So Far so good. Hope this will help others if they ever come across the same problem.
Happy Growing.

cover_002.jpg

cover_003.jpg
What size pots were you using anyways? Lol I might go to these pots instead of fabric ones

i would add some h202 3% strength. if you would like i can post a picture most dollar stores sell it or walmart. like 2 bucks cdn.

add 1-8 ratio through it if in dwc or rdwc id run it through for a bit should kill any algae not . best i can think of:Namaste:

i would add some h202 3% strength. if you would like i can post a picture most dollar stores sell it or walmart. like 2 bucks cdn.

add 1-8 ratio through it if in dwc or rdwc id run it through for a bit should kill any algae not . best i can think of:Namaste:

Hey Joe hope you're feeling better man. we keep plenty of the 3% here at the house for cuts and scrapes. I'll give it a shot and see how it does.

Hey Joe hope you're feeling better man. we keep plenty of the 3% here at the house for cuts and scrapes. I'll give it a shot and see how it does.

It will work .

Back
Top Bottom