Ebb&Flow First Time Grow

Botanistguru

I am new to growing, and before I plant my girls. I'd like some help. I have a 17gal grow tray, and a 27gal resivior, and for my medium I have 4x4 rockwool cubes, and a 6x6 rockwool slab. I would like to know how much water do I put in the resivior, and how many nutrients also. I have not planted my seeds yet, because I'm still trying to figure out the water ratio to nutrients. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Hi Botanistguru and welcome to 420 mag. I have a Botanicare 3x3 grow tray that came with a 20 gallon reservoir and I usually fill it to 18 gallons. I made a grow tray that is 30 gallon capacity with a 18 gal reservoir but I only use 10 - 12 gallons as it is plenty to fill the tray at the level I want. You could try making a run with yours by trying it with different amounts of water in the reservoir to make sure you achieve your desired level that you have you drain fitting set at. Just make sure you have a little extra in there so you don't burn up the pump. I use the Botanicare pure blend pro nutrients lineup and most people start out using 1/4 strength. I us a ppm meter and go by that. For seedlings I start around 150 ppm, 350-400 for little girls in veg state and around 800-1000 for big girls that are flowering, and that is with calmag added and then I ph and add z7. If I start to see burnt tips I just back it down a little, that's a little advice that came from a well known grower here named Rifleman. Make sure you add nutrients fist and then ph your water as the nutrients will change the ph when you mix them.

As for the rockwool I can't help you there as I use the hydroton rocks with cloth bags. I used to use the small Rockwell cubes to start my seeds in but I have found that rapid rooter plugs work a lot better for me. Hope That helps you out a little and happy growing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom