Flood & Drain IWS - 100% Clay - Sterile or beneficial bacteria with a chiller?

Huktonponics

Hey guys, ive just purchased an IWS F&D 12 Pot system with the 25mm pipes and 1 minute timer and external controller.

Ive ran a RDWC system with spray bars and airstones for the last 12 months sterile.

Im wondering how people run these F&D systems nutrient wise. Do people go with teas/benes, or run sterile ?

I have a fairly hefty chiller ( Hailea HC500 ) so im wondering if i do go with the benes and a synthetic grow/bloom nutrient with a constant 18-19 degree res, would this cause any issues with bio-film / residue ? Could it turn sideways or will it run clean ? Is it OK to run enzymes with a live res ? Or run enzymes with a sterile res ?

Cheers for any advice, Havnt set it up yet as im currently chopping my RDWC grow down.

Hey guys, ive just purchased an IWS F&D 12 Pot system with the 25mm pipes and 1 minute timer and external controller.

Ive ran a RDWC system with spray bars and airstones for the last 12 months sterile.

Im wondering how people run these F&D systems nutrient wise. Do people go with teas/benes, or run sterile ?

I have a fairly hefty chiller ( Hailea HC500 ) so im wondering if i do go with the benes and a synthetic grow/bloom nutrient with a constant 18-19 degree res, would this cause any issues with bio-film / residue ? Could it turn sideways or will it run clean ? Is it OK to run enzymes with a live res ? Or run enzymes with a sterile res ?

Cheers for any advice, Havnt set it up yet as im currently chopping my RDWC grow down.
Great question, sorry I found you late. I hope it's not too late. For preventative measures I find using z7 awesome to help keep my plants happy. It helps to prevent residue in the res as well as the table itself. I use advanced nutrients pH perfect line. No need to worry about phing your water manually. Saves a lot of time while not adding any ph adjusting chemicals to my water supply. Some people like using coco coir and others prefer hydroponics peddles with Rockwood of jiffy pellets. I myself don't believe in either Rockwood or jiffy pellets. If you want to use a medium that environmentally friendly I Recommend coco coir. You have all the equipment required to run a
F&D system. Basically rdwc works the same way really so you should master F&D system automatically. I'm sorry if I left anything out or your not sure of something please ask. I'll stay subbed on your thread. Again sorry if I responded too late.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about this thread as no one replied.

That z7 stuff seems to be a product based in ghd USA and im in the UK. But i have found some stockists here that do sell it....for 2 to 3 times its cost lol. Most mentions i see regarding z7 look like advertising aswell, kind of puts me off such products. But im still not decided in a Zyme

Im going to be using Growth Technology Ionic Grow & Bloom, silica, and undecided as to any suppliments / boosters to use yet. I have various salts and powdered Kelp, Amino Acid, Fulvic Acid, B Vitamins.

Just not sure how well everything is going to work in this setup. Do i use H2o2, use a enzyme, water conditioner, benes.

There was something im looking at that im seriously thinking of trying, Mammoth P, with some Terpinator ( used my last 2 grows ) and Green Planet Massive ( used last 2 grows also ).

Ive not yet started a run. Only finished setting it all up last night. I went with 10 pots 2 x 5 with 4 pipes, 2 being a loop back from the farthest pots from the brain. Im going to give her a test tun today and check for leaks, then if all goes well, wash the clay thoroughly over christmas to try and reduce as much dust run off as possible.

( Most mentions i see regarding z7 look like advertising aswell, kind of puts me off such products.)

One thing for sure is z7 works as advertised.

Been using it for years now without any root issues.(had many issues before I found it)

It is an enzyme cleanser and it keeps the whole system clean.

I would pay twice as much as they charge for it in the US if I had to.(it works that good)

But at 3 times as much I would most likely try something else like Hydrograud.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about this thread as no one replied.

That z7 stuff seems to be a product based in ghd USA and im in the UK. But i have found some stockists here that do sell it....for 2 to 3 times its cost lol. Most mentions i see regarding z7 look like advertising aswell, kind of puts me off such products. But im still not decided in a Zyme

Im going to be using Growth Technology Ionic Grow & Bloom, silica, and undecided as to any suppliments / boosters to use yet. I have various salts and powdered Kelp, Amino Acid, Fulvic Acid, B Vitamins.

Just not sure how well everything is going to work in this setup. Do i use H2o2, use a enzyme, water conditioner, benes.

There was something im looking at that im seriously thinking of trying, Mammoth P, with some Terpinator ( used my last 2 grows ) and Green Planet Massive ( used last 2 grows also ).

Ive not yet started a run. Only finished setting it all up last night. I went with 10 pots 2 x 5 with 4 pipes, 2 being a loop back from the farthest pots from the brain. Im going to give her a test tun today and check for leaks, then if all goes well, wash the clay thoroughly over christmas to try and reduce as much dust run off as possible.
In Ireland our post office system has a service called Address Pal, which gives us an address in Mainland USA. Which usually has free delivery to that address. Then the Post Office collect it and bring it back to Ireland. Think delivery was only €15. All in, it only cost €48 for 16oz each of part 1 and part 2. You will not find a better deal than that online. I'm sure the UK Post Office has a similar service available that you can avail of. Where there's a will there's a way. I hope this helps in some way .

gogrowhydroponics.co.uk is in London and they say they have it for £45.00

But I don't know if that price is good or bad...Lol

gogrowhydroponics.co.uk is in London and they say they have it for £45.00

But I don't know if that price is good or bad...Lol

Cheers bud, just went on there and theyve got everything I wanted to order from elsewhere besides the Mammoth P, which i can get locally.

Basket Contents :

4L Green Planet Massive
4L Terpinator
236ml z7

Pisses me of cus the z7 8oz bottle is $26.95 on Amazon, and 45 quid in UK - Robbing english bastards lol

Right ive set it up and put my hydroton in the baskets about 3/4 full.

Flooded the system, and im finding the hydroton floats up as the pots fill. Is this normal or do i need to add more hydroton to the pots ? Not put any plants in yet as im waitin to sex a few of them.

Back
Top Bottom