ebb and flow system

spydermite

ive been growing in soil 4 a couple of years now and im looking into doing hydroponics i was looking at a american agritech 4 by 4 flood n drain but im not sure does any1 have any opinions on this one or a system like it thanks

its pretty cheep to just make a flood and drain from stuff at the hardwear store...

:peace:

havent used it or seen it used. But looking at it just now, looks ok. I wouldn't go more than 8 plants in their given the area and 40 gallon res.

I saw it for 373 at one site I just looked. Not sure what you are paying but for a few extra bucks like $399 if you look hard enough you can get the ebb and gro by CAP and do 12 plants easily and add up to 48 sites off one system for $70 each set of 6 you expand.

Not sure what kind of area you are working with either so its hard to give other recommendations.

thank u mcbudz i have my 1000 watt lights spaced out to cover a 4ft by 4ft aera right now with 16 plants under each light over the past couple years i have changed strains and number of plants per light i just finished a crop of sweettooth in soil i vegged them for exactly 20 days turned the lights out for a day n half and flowered for 45 days i was hoping to reduce the veg time and hopefully shave a few days off flowering with hydroponics and crank out that sweettooth 7 or 8 times a year i have a seperate room that ill b doing this system in i already have the poratable ac and a extra air cooled light and max fan i can use ive seen the ebb n grow but im not sure i think the one mentoned can b turned into a drip or aeroponic later with different plumbing and tray lid i need to do some final research but im excited to try something new

im sorry there is a 115 gallon res and the 4ft by 4ft tray sits directly on with no stand would that b better so u wouldnt have to topp off mid week when their mature another ? i had was i seen these containers called perfect pots that i could use those clay pebble things in or would it be better to use those 6inch rockwool cubes thanks guys

Well if you go clone and throw right into 12/12 you could fit more plants on the 4x4 and shave down the harvest time by about ..well 20 days if thats what your vegging for now. 45 days is a quick flowering plant.. what strain were you looking to finish that quickly?

Go SOG style. use 7.5-8 inch buckets and get 6x6 or 36 single fat cola'd plants in 1 4x4 area.

I run both store bought and homemade ebb and flow's and I found that keeping the the tay and resevoir seperate was essential. (think table or stand with rez underneath.) Depending on your nute schedule you can develop some serious sludge if your resevoir is not cleaned... and I hate moving a tray full of plants... its like asking for something bad to happen.

so do u think a 40 gallon would b gd enough for the 4 ft by ft tray? do u think that 16 plants in that system is a gd idea? 1 and half and eventually two oz a plant is my goal with 16 plants with that system. i already know that plant is capable of that soil. what do u think about rockwool or clay pebbles or both in those sguare perfect pots. i already set up my light and blower and im taking clones in a few days for this system. i decided to stick with advance nutrients bcuz of my expierence with them for now. i guess i have alot of tinkering and adjusting feedings and stuff when i fire it up. any advice or tips i really would appreciate thanks everybody

i've run 2x2 with 15gal and liked my results. you gonna go with 1k watts? I hate the clay pebbles... Sometimes they float... but mostly the roll around and get every where. I recomend Diatomite if you can find it.. (fossil rock) it's light rock.. high in sillica... but mostly it's flat. Rock wool, or cocoa coir is cool with a mat of the same to anchor the plants... the can get top heavy.

Thats a lot of water... are you using tap or r/o?

yea i use 1000 watt air cooled lights and RO water. i went with the 40 gall res that he had in stock . i didnt buy any medium yet. the hydrostore guy said he can get me whateever i want but he said he would just use those 6" blocks and just set them in the tray to stand alone. i dont know about that it seems it would flip over the last few weeks when theres weight on it. what would the roots do at the bottom of the block? i think he doesnt know to much and just owns a store. im taking the clones over the weekend so i have a little time to decide what im gonna use for medium. when i plant a crop in soil right now i start the ppm at 500 for the first feeding and ph 6.3 what should i change that to. i know hydro needs a lower ph but should i lower my ppm level also. ill be using advanced sensi 2 part with voodoo, piranha, sensizyme, blood, big bud, overdrive and final phase. i wonder if i need to add or cut out anything right now. the pirahana seems like it would just settle at the bottom of the res. its gonna be intresting to see the comparisons from using pro mix to hydro. thanks again:roorrip:

It's wet.. but it's still gardening. Things will vary with you specific nutes and enviroment, you learn to read the plant a bit... Things can move fast with hydro so I find it helps to write things down. Reactions to what you do can be seen from immediatly to within a couple days... I;m sure it;s the same with soil... It's just easier to flush it and start again with hydroponics...

500 sounds like a good place to start with small clones. I understand 2000 is the top end of the spectrum...

I keep my ph around 5.8 -6.0 now... on previous nutes ph was kept at 5.4 to 5.6.

To keep heavy nutes from settling in the rez, I take a small fountain pump and stick it to one of the walls, and leave it on at all time with no hoses attached.... it kinda keeps the water moving ... not settling

I like the results of the ebb and flow system. It's the cleanup that is a pain!!! I was considering using coco mats, but it is expensive.

I may change my 2X2 system to Aeroponics.

P6020287.png

Back
Top Bottom