Harvesting a sativa @ week 8?

chevy-boyzr1

WAZ UP ALL 420 MEMBERS!!:welcome:
THIS IS THE DEAL, I HAVE A PURPLE POWER "SATIVA DOMINANT'' PLANT, I HAVE READ THAT ITS HARVEST TIME IS AROUND 8 WEEKS, BUT AFTER FURTHER READING ABOUT SATIVA PLANTS I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT SATIVAS TEND TO TAKE LONGER FOR HARVESTING! ALSO I READ THAT IF I WAIT A WEEK OR TWO TO HARVEST AFTER THE 8 WEEKS IT WILL BOOST MY HARVEST QUALITY WAY HIGHER....ANY RESPOSES WILL B APRECIATED!!. BY THE WAY IM IN WEEK 7 OF FLOWERING:grinjoint:

Depends on the sativa.

A lot of landrace sats that come from northern Mexico will mature seedless in under 8 weeks. That's where a lot of the sat genes in many strains originally came from

The only sure way to know is to read the Trics. I am also growing some Purple Power and the info I got was 8-10 weeks. Keep in mind those numbers are an average at best. Growing conditions will greatly affect the time it takes to mature. If you harvest early your yield will likely suffer and the potentcy may not be up to par.

HOW IS YOUR PURP POWA GOING?? MINE IS ALMOST READY 4 HARVEST, YESTERDAY WAS WEEK 8, BUT IM GONNA LET IT CHILL TILL THE 1ST OF THE MONTH OF DICEMBER. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE TRICHOMES IN A 30X MAGNIFIER BUT I DONT HAVE ONE NOW.:ganjamon:

Here's a lil trick if you don't have a loupe. Pollinate a small lower bud. When the seeds in the small bud are fully mature,you're two weeks away on the rest of the bud.

It's rough guide,but it's easy to do and remember. It cuts down on those dangerous late season visits if you're a guerrilla grower.

Back
Top Bottom