My Buds are turning yellow and the plants are dying

Tyler Durden1

Sorry if this thread has already been posted. First of all I am new so hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any help and advice.
I am running a hydro op under 1000w lights. Vegging for two weeks on a 12-12 and then switching to a flowering formula for the remaining six weeks. Same problem keeps happening though. My plants start getting yellow on the bud hairs. ( the white hairs looked shriveled up and burnt yellow. It is spreading throughout the table. Problem occurs when i switch from veg formula to flower formula in the third week. the plant dries up and dies. the other plants not visually affected have much stunted growth and have lost over half my yeild each time. Is this nutrient burn or a lack of nutrients? I have adjusted my nuts from 1.2-1.4 (flower) to 0.8-1.0 to try and correct it. I am afraid they are going to get worse if i can't resolve quickly. If anyone knows what going on i would love to hear it.

a pic would help but sounds to me like your vegging with an hps on a 12-12 cycle. 12-12 is for flowering not veg i would suggest an 18-6 for your veg or even 24 hour light. the reason its prolly dying is because you just changed nuts and not light schedule. but again a pic would help

the veg part of the cycle is no problem. it starts when they are switched to a flower formula at the start of the third week. i will provide pics, but for now picture a dandelion without the dark centre. that's what i am dealing with. a couple people have told me a N def could be causing it. Gonna try a product from DNF called Carbo and see if that clears up the problem. Also, i snuck a peek at them at night to check my water levels and they seemed to be drooping more than when the light is on them. is this normal? overnight room temp is around 72 and humidity is about the same.

You gotta get a pic up.... I highly doubt it is a N problem... You would have had plenty of signs before it went that far.... What are the high temps with lights on, how close is the affected plant to the light? whats your reservoir temp? A pic is worth a thousand words... if you need help with the pics read the pic tutorial in my sig..... :reading420magazine:

still working on getting a pic. temp gets up to about 78 with the ac off. humidity will go over 80 though so i started keeping it on when the problem started again. temp goes down to about 70 then. the problem starts on the outside and works it's way in and around. res temp is 70. the white hair tips start turning yellowy brown, almost orange and work there way down and spread to other buds. it pretty much wiped out my last table. always starts in the third week when the veg formula is switched to a flower formula. this is so frustrating. i feel so helpless and my poor girls are getting unhappier by the hour.

what strains are you growing? and you say it spreads from plant to plant... sounds like a problem with your water/ nutrients/PH. what are your ppm and ph levels at week 3?

it might be a nut problem as we have discovered that we are switching to a 0-2-3 bloom supplement in week 3. ph is always 5.8 and the food might have risen to high to fast as there is a lot of streching. was at 1.4 ppm for the first to weeks and then used the 0-2-3 in week 3. would usually start at 1.0- 1.2 and increase probably a little too fast to 1.4 in the first week. my flower food label states that i should not use it alone as it is strictly to increase the levels of P and K. says i should mix equal parts with 3-1-3. what is 3-1-3? buddy that i got the food from said i wouldn't need to mix it with anything. anything worth doing is worth doing right.

3 parts nitrogen, 1 part phosphorus, 3 parts potassium.
You are not giving the plants a balanced nutrient.
The only time I have seen pistils shrivel, was when I used dry Kool Bloom.
Go to a hydro store, go buy a balanced hydroponic nutrient. :peace:

3 parts nitrogen, 1 part phosphorus, 3 parts potassium.
You are not giving the plants a balanced nutrient.
The only time I have seen pistils shrivel, was when I used dry Kool Bloom.
Go to a hydro store, go buy a balanced hydroponic nutrient. :peace:
:welldone:

Exactly, not a balanced nutrient, and you really need some N in there.

I'd bet you would do better using your veg formula all the way through.

DD

"A Men to that Brother Grower" I have at least 20 or so both digital and in print.All 3 of Jason Kings Cannabibles. Every Grower new & old
should have them to be sure. I've tried so many different nutrient programs of which Botanicare was the best of.
However if you want the best Cannabis EVER then ONLY ORGANIC Fertilizers and Soil.
IMG_55578.JPG
IMG_55553.JPG
IMG_026353.JPG
IMG_73769.JPG

Back
Top Bottom