When do outdoor plants start to flower?

KuShOnDecK

Ok so im sort of a noob to growing..I have grown one plant indoors but I have never grown an outdoor plant before. I was wondering when outdoor plants start to flower?? I was thinking about starting a white widow plant outdoors but was worried that it might be to late in the year to do so...

Can some one please shed some light on this for me please?

Re: when do outdoor plants start to flower??

Im new to growing as well, but il try to help you bro. Plants will flower with enough veg and the right lighting schedule (12/12). So an exact date I cant give you. But if you started your ww earlier, say may or june, and then thru it outdoors, you would be good to go. But I think its late to start one from seed now. I could be wrong tho.. you better wait for the experts to show up.

thanks for the advice man. Im kinda thinking it is to late but ill wait and see what the "experts" have to say :)

If you punch your location into this website

Sunrise and Sunset Calculator

then you can get an estimate of when you'll be seeing 12/12 outdoors. Mine start flowering with 13 and some change. It's around late august when I see baby buds forming. If you planted now you'll be able to pull it off, your plant will just be small. I'm sure it will veg enough to cut a couple clones off before she starts budding. You can't expect a huge outdoor yield from her, but you can for sure get something if you started right away. I say plant it at this very moment, or plan it for next year. Whatever you choose, good luck.
:peace:

I'd just go for it ! like Mr.Stankalot said it may just be a little small when it starts to bud , but it would be better than not starting one ! Like Stank says take a few cuttings when it's time and you can start the clones for an indoor grow !

I would think WW started from seed right now will give you a very nice single cola plant, if given all day sun and the right soil conditions.

:goodluck:

Indica dominated genes have to become sexually mature before they flower. That varies, but it is like 4-6 weeks. After that when the lighting starts to decrease in the day they will flower.

If you take a clone outside (already sexually mature) it will start to flower as soon as the light photo period reaches the level that makes that strain flower (14-12 hours of light per day). I have never grown WW so I am not sure what it's specific requirements are.

If you plant a seed in May or June of an Indica dominate strain you are usually good to go. You will get a reasonably sized plant and it will not flower early.

With Sativa dominate strains they take longer and are not photo period sensitive. A typical Sativa in it's natural setting spends all it's life in the tropics, where there are no photo period seasons. The plant receives the same amount of light it's entire life (generally 12-12 on the equator).

It seems to me, that depending on where you live, you are likely to get bugs on your plants when planted outdoors. Not sure who pulls this off without bugs, but I would like to know.

Thanks for all the advice guys :) Now I just have one more question. My brother has a violater kush plant that he started back in April and its starting to flower. He was wondering If it was ok to flower it indoors under an hps light even though he started it outdoors and is already starting to bud.

I think its in a 5 gallon pot or something like that.. I dont have any pics of It.. its my brothers plant.. maybe he can send me a few pics of It. So it should be fine if he puts it under the hps right??

Try pairing your outdoor indica with garlic plants. The garlic will deter tiny pesky creatures like aphids and fruit flies as well as larger pests like deer...works like a charm year after year ;)

Back
Top Bottom