First grow, Clones, Dying after 4 days

I picked up some very nice clones at the collective on 3-4-11 and transplanted in 3 gal. Geopots in a mix of 2 parts organic potting soil and 1 part Manna Mix.
The pots were filled with soil and saturated with 7.0ph water on 3-2-11 and left to settle and drain for 2 days before transplant. No nutes have been added.
I'm using CFL's, fans blowing fresh air in and on plants.

A pic right after transplant, 3-4-11
3-4-11_Pap_01.jpg

On 3-5-11
3-5-11_Pap_01.jpg

On 3-7-11 it starts to go bad,
3-7-11_Pap_01.jpg

This morning 3-8-11
3-8-11_Pap_02.jpg
3-8-11_Pap_01.jpg
3-8-11_Pap_03.jpg

What have I done wrong, it shouldn't need feeding yet or for a while.
Could it be transplant shock. I'd be grateful for any help with this problem.

have you been watering with pH'd 6.5 water? Also it could possibly be nute burn from the nutes in the soil if it has any.

Thanks xbox4him, I gave them 16 oz. of 6.5 water monday morning. I went and got a soil PH meter today, all containers read 6.7-6.8. The soil lists nutes at
0.37 - 0.31 - 0.31, it doesn't sound like much, but I don't know.

have you ever used thrive alive during transplanting?
cuts the shock of being transplanted.
tell me how you transplanted it, whats the rootball temp, lights- how far from plants?
peace
youll figure it out, its a learning curve. make sure the root balls are not cold. i always try and keep them a foot or more off the ground. did the soil already have neuts. in it? depending on size and it looks like 3 to 5 gal bag you shouldnt have to feed for 7 to 10 day. let the plant work for its food. the better the rootball the better the plant. i dont even care most times as long as its healthy. what i care about i can only see when transplanting. i usuallt transplant 4 to 5 times. it works great. when i harvest and then throw the root ball in the garden its beautiful white rooted mass. white roots are key, healthy almost furry roots.

hmm, not really sure, there isnt much nutes to cause it to burn, all i can think of is that the soil looks a little bit thick so the drainage isnt great (unless you've added perlite and i dont see it) and that possibly the light you are using might be too strong for the clone to handle.

There is a fair amount of perlite in the soil and 1/3 of the mix is a soil/coco blend. the lights are 23w. 60%/40% 6500K./2700K. about 2 inches above the tops. Pix of light fixture in my journal, titled "First Attempt". I was checking out the FAQ "Cannabis problems and pests solved" and the closest pic at the start of my problem showed calcium deficiency, the other plants, the pineapple thai is showing just a little of the spotting, and the cherry pez none at all.

youve an abundence of red or purp in the stems. not a good sign. usually means too cold
ive only been growin for 10 yrs. seen it all!

have you ever used thrive alive during transplanting?
cuts the shock of being transplanted.
tell me how you transplanted it, whats the rootball temp, lights- how far from plants?
peace
youll figure it out, its a learning curve. make sure the root balls are not cold. i always try and keep them a foot or more off the ground. did the soil already have neuts. in it? depending on size and it looks like 3 to 5 gal bag you shouldnt have to feed for 7 to 10 day. let the plant work for its food. the better the rootball the better the plant. i dont even care most times as long as its healthy. what i care about i can only see when transplanting. i usuallt transplant 4 to 5 times. it works great. when i harvest and then throw the root ball in the garden its beautiful white rooted mass. white roots are key, healthy almost furry roots.

I used no additives when transplanting. The soil was still fairly wet, not saturated, I turned it over and fluffed it a bit, set the depth, and then in a darkened room and planted. They are 3 gal. bags. Don't know rootball temp,
but thermometer on top of soil reads 79-80 and tent temp 76 and rh 48.
The lights are 2 inches above the tops.

So i took a look at your journal and all your plants are having a drooping effect. How often do you water? I ask this because it is a clear sign of over/under watering. As an example, i usually water my mother plant every other day, but when i took her outside the heat evaporated whatever was left in the plant and the whole thing just flopped and sagged on me. I have her a pint of water and within the hour she bounced back standing tall again. So if you havent been watering that often, then pick up the pace, and like how HempRocket stated, dont just water the center, water all around the container, that way the roots expand and reach out for the water. Also make sure you have some drainage going, that signifies youve watered enough.

As for the purple stems, that goes along with lack of nutes or imbalance in the elements. Its too early for your gals to be taking food, but that explains the coloring.

:goodluck: man, ill be watching your journal :)

:Namaste:

So i took a look at your journal and all your plants are having a drooping effect. How often do you water? I ask this because it is a clear sign of over/under watering. As an example, i usually water my mother plant every other day, but when i took her outside the heat evaporated whatever was left in the plant and the whole thing just flopped and sagged on me. I have her a pint of water and within the hour she bounced back standing tall again. So if you havent been watering that often, then pick up the pace, and like how HempRocket stated, dont just water the center, water all around the container, that way the roots expand and reach out for the water. Also make sure you have some drainage going, that signifies youve watered enough.

As for the purple stems, that goes along with lack of nutes or imbalance in the elements. Its too early for your gals to be taking food, but that explains the coloring.

:goodluck: man, ill be watching your journal :)

:Namaste:

I started the serious watering this morning, distilled water 6.5 ph 80 oz. in 12-14 run-off close to 6.5 out. I'll get some pix in the journal later tonite or in the morning. I really appreciate the help from all of you.

I agree with xbox. The top of your soil looks pretty dry. Clones like to be watered when the very top layer of dirt is dry so like once or sometimes 2 times a day depending on your whole setup....clones use lots of water....just dont over water them. thats why I like putting clones in party cups cause their smaller and easier to maintain the moisture levels in the dirt. good luck man

I agree with xbox. The top of your soil looks pretty dry. Clones like to be watered when the very top layer of dirt is dry so like once or sometimes 2 times a day depending on your whole setup....clones use lots of water....just dont over water them. thats why I like putting clones in party cups cause their smaller and easier to maintain the moisture levels in the dirt. good luck man

Thanks for the look, racoon1. They got a good watering today.

Back
Top Bottom