Wife is against me starting a grow

pike420

Got this problem: my wife is telling me to move out if I want to start a personal grow. I've been struggling with a chronic back pain for 5 years now. I had surgery 4 yrs ago and it resulted in a 50% improvement, which the medical field quantifies as success. I've had 4 epidurals last year which only helped marginally. My wife sees how disfunctional I am, provided the physical limitations and resulting depression. Have been taking a number of pain killers (mostly C-II) which only help to a point, not to mention all the side effects. Recently, when I read up on medical use of marijuana, and I found this forum a thought crossed my mind: what if this thing can help manage my pain? I never tried it before, but given all the feedback from people on this valuable forum, I am willing to give it a try. Here's the problem: my wife told me she is against me starting a personal grow. I think she's afraid of us getting busted and losing the house, my freedom (I do work full time despite my back problems). Also, she says the kids would have no future if I got caught, a valid point nonetheless. As far as the project itself, I have plenty of space in the basement and most of the equipment would be recycled from my old days of running a reef tank... Question: how do I convince her that this is worth a try? I understand the risks involved and the bad part is so does she. Any help would be appreciated.

Peace all.
P.S. NJ sucks

Re: Wife is against me starting a grow...

Personally I agree with your wife. If you have kids in the house and the laws are still messed up in NJ, I wouldnt grow.

I have a son who doesnt live with me but if he did, I wouldnt grow. I take his well being over mine. I would rather suffer then have him suffer because of the consequences of my actions.

all good points another one is if you are growing yourself it means you are not supporting organised crime,also its an end in itself just caring and watching it grow is very therapeautic .

Thank you all for advice. The law in NJ is screwed up much like its governing entity. Hoping for positive legislative changes in near future is not an option. I will purse that route once the 'dust settles'.

I don't want to act in an irresponsible and selfish manner and need to balance my family life with my own 'needs'. At this point, I am inclined towards building a small stealth room/enclave in the bsmt and not letting my wife know what's going on. Outside would only invite trouble, although I considered that option. This will be challenging but so is living in constant pain.

thx again

Thank you all for advice. The law in NJ is screwed up much like its governing entity. Hoping for positive legislative changes in near future is not an option. I will purse that route once the 'dust settles'.

I don't want to act in an irresponsible and selfish manner and need to balance my family life with my own 'needs'. At this point, I am inclined towards building a small stealth room/enclave in the bsmt and not letting my wife know what's going on. Outside would only invite trouble, although I considered that option. This will be challenging but so is living in constant pain.

thx again

That seems like the best option for your situation. Build a stealth grow room n keep it a secret. You should be fine if your jus growing a few plants.

I quit growing for 30 years to raise my kids. I know where your wife is coming from.

I would not start a grow. I would purchase some smoke and see if it works for you.

how's it going if u don't mind here's my two cent every bodies right.first get some smoke. Smoke. See if u lke it and if it helps after that I. Woundnt build a whole room just a nice size lab like a dresser that u fit two or 3 small plants tell your wife you under stand were she coming from but only way your gonna caught is if she tell (besides even if she was ok with it there would still be a problem ask 10 grower with wives. at least 8 of them will tell u there wives was ok and still got jelous ha ha)

I agree with 'trying' it first. Just not sure where or how to get any. Don't laugh please, like I said I've never done it before. My location is Central Nj. Please shoot me a message if you can help guide me. Again thanks to all for your feedback and advice.

I know the feeling of not knowing anyone to buy from. My "first grow in 40 years" I had no smoke for many years other than what I confiscated from my son.

So you have not smoke since your back problems?

The good thing about this is you have no one toker friends to tell. That keeps it between you and the wife.

You should have just grew some and hide the grow. By telling her she will be looking for it now. Find the right type of bar around you and get to know the people there. Hell, someone may even turn you on. Then you can tell if it works for you.

Good luck,
Flip

Make yourself a nice little hydro cabinet and keep um locked up. Medical Marijuana will improve your quality of life with the conditions you have. Some bar weed might help but you need some true medical grade for true relief. Good luck man.

Here is an example of one you can buy that are plug and grow or you can build your own pretty easily. Stealthy Hydro

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes ??..nothing, ya already told her twice....just joking,, but I've had a terrible back for 30 years,from an auto accident, and cannabis has helped my pain.. I grow in 2 small area's in my basement ..all CFL ,not much investment,cheap on power, does a great job, now she's jealous ,of how good my plants look ,compared to her flowers..good luck to you..someone who does not have chronic pain, doesn't understand what we go through everyday, sometimes just to sit

Back
Top Bottom