How do you safely dispose of plant matter?

Mr.X

First time grower here. what is the safest way to dispose of waste from my grow?

I have a medical marijuana card but I'm still worried about having things like several root balls and leaves in my garbage. Please share how you dispose of your waste.

Thanks

the waste should be either composted or burned, I compost mine with peels, leaves and stuff. Throw it in a dumpster, and dont leave it in your house. but burning or compost is the safe way and with compost you can use it on you plant for nutrients.

i feed all my stalk to the dog, only because she showed an interest from the moment i cut all my bud off. she literally started eating it while it was still in the pot! She had watched me grow them and showed a keen interest any time i was working with them i do find it strange that she knew only once i had removed the bud it was ok for her to eat! As for root balls, i either burry mine in the garden or take a walk to the nearest woods and break em right up

Where I am, I can't burn or dig a hole. I just break the branches up and pull all the remaining leaves off and throw it away...

I just toss mine into the trash at the apartment I live at. I usually let the leaves and stems dry out for a good few weeks before I dispose of them. I wait until the night before garbage pick up, place all plant material in a bag by itself, making sure no receipts or incriminating paper's are in there (even though I am legal MMJ) and just toss it in the dumpster.

I am going to compost my leaves and stems, but my question is what do I do with the root balls? Can I maybe separate the dirt from the roots then throw the dirt in my vegetable garden outside, and compost the roots?

I'm in a situation where I can't compost - it's not practical. So I put it all in a Febreeze kitchen bag, squeeze the air out, and tie the top shut. Then I put it in a heavy "contractor" black garbage bag with a load of used cat litter. I tie that shut and drop it in the trash. If the garbage man punctures the bag, it'll leak used cat litter. It won't be searched. I have a med card so I don't sweat the local cops and the feds aren't interested in a small op with zero sales like mine. I only worry about the garbage man really. Once it's in the truck, it's anonymous.

:peace:

I'm in a situation where I can't compost - it's not practical. So I put it all in a Febreeze kitchen bag, squeeze the air out, and tie the top shut. Then I put it in a heavy "contractor" black garbage bag with a load of used cat litter. I tie that shut and drop it in the trash. If the garbage man punctures the bag, it'll leak used cat litter. It won't be searched. I have a med card so I don't sweat the local cops and the feds aren't interested in a small op with zero sales like mine. I only worry about the garbage man really. Once it's in the truck, it's anonymous.

:peace:

that sounds like a good way to go, thanks

Does a compost bin smell? I am not concerned about a compost smell but a Mary Jane smell.

If you add kitchen foods like eggshells, etc it shouldnt really smell, leaves and stems dont smell strong, the dirt will help the decomposition and start its own stanky smell

Glad you restarted this thread, now I know what to o with My leftovers

Back
Top Bottom