Is it Advisable to Foliar Feed During Flowering?

Tejas

My first grow is coming along and I don't want to f it up at this point. I have read alot here, but have not seen anything specifically about foliar feeding during the flowering and budding stage. I figure that I am within 3 to 4 weeks from harvest.

Is it a good idea to foliar feed the plant while flowering? Will this effect the taste of the final product? I understand the flushing process in the last week, but should I foliar feed?

Thanks

You could adversely effect the plant. I think its a little too late for you to feed, especially if the fertilizer has any nitrogen. It's probably best to not fertilizer again ( I grow using a slow-release nitrogen,organic fertilizer ). So I can hold the amount of nutes in 1 hand for the whole 9 month growing period. ( I'd rather not spray the buds with foliar spray so late in the grow cycle - could impact flavor and taste heavily. That is my opinion. Sometimes less is more. Dont fix it if it ain't broke.

NO! dont foliar feed when in flower! this will promote mold in your buds and you dont want or need that!
and how you been T? got any pics of your girls?

Thanks guys, noted!

I will take a pic and post it up. I haven't really taken too many pics of my grow, but kinda feeling like a proud papa and would love to show off my lil girl.....she's so pretty....all those little yellow hairs with purple hairs coming in

Thanks guys, noted!

I will take a pic and post it up. I haven't really taken too many pics of my grow, but kinda feeling like a proud papa and would love to show off my lil girl.....she's so pretty....all those little yellow hairs with purple hairs coming in
sure does make it mor rewarding if you can show the fruits of your labor to someone! cant wait to see!

Yes it does. I went upstairs to take a picture to post and I was a few minutes to late....it was lights out for the girl, so i will take a picture tomorrow morning.

I am a stealth grower and have limited times that I can work/play in my closet.

I want to post more and share the experience on my next grow.

no hurry here bro when you can:)

I put up 3 pictures in the members photo gallery, but couldn't figure out how to get them here.

Can you view them in the members gallery?

She is 4 weeks in 12/12 and I'm hoping she will be ready in another couple weeks. There are small trichs starting on the leaves, but nothing like some of the frosty looking plants i have seen on here. I'm guessing that the trichs will get larger as she continues to flower. Am I right?

Give me your thoughts please.

IMG-20120731-00330.jpg
IMG-20120731-00328.jpg
IMG-20120731-00329.jpg

Hey, got the pics here! Damn, I'm good. haha

I possible resized too small to show detail....I'll have to work on this picture thing.
Have a great one, y'all.

they look great bro, I'am on week 4 myself.
they look like a sativa strain so my geuss on how much longer till they are ready would be 5 to6 more weeks. by then your going to have some fat nugs to enjoy:)
this optional but you might want to take some of the lower veg and flowers off this will help the big colas get bigger and air circulate through the canopy:)

Thanks, I'm so excited that its going well. But, 5 to 6 weeks more sucks....hahaha I definitely need to buy a faster growning strain for my second grow.

I'm ok with taking the lower veg off, but will I reduce my harvest by taking off the lower flowers?....my guess is no, since you offered the suggestion to probably increase harvest. I want to harvest as much off it as I can.....I hate running low or being without (like I am now, ugh). What would you describe as the "lower" portion?.....possibly the lower 30%?.....or lower 20%?

What would your guess be to the amount of bud at harvest, based on what you see in the pics?

Fish, I appriciate your (and everyone's) input. Thanks for being cool and helping.

The best to all,

well I would say the lower 20% but a good rule of thumb would be anything that has more then 11/2" space between nodes
now that I have said that the difference in total yeild may be minnumal, but the quality of bud will be improved it all depends on if you want a bunch of popcorn buds or some fat colas. if your nervous about doing it just let her grow:)
just a geuss (and its early) but maybe 2oz maybe a little more dry ofcourse

Damn, I need a bigger grow space and faster growning strains to keep up with my intake...hahah

If nothing else, I'll have better bud than what i typically get. I think I'm going to try the AK-48 as you suggested for my next grow.

Damn, I need a bigger grow space and faster growning strains to keep up with my intake...hahah

If nothing else, I'll have better bud than what i typically get. I think I'm going to try the AK-48 as you suggested for my next grow.

sofar its been an easy grow:) I will be posting pics of it tomarrow at 4 weeks of flower and scrog:)

Yea, I'd like to see what you got going on. Can you get a close up of the trichs on your plant(s)? I'm curious to compare them to mine, since they are about the same age. I was looking at mine a few minutes ago and there are trichs all over the leaf surface now. Small, but they are there...woo hoo.

It's cool seeing my plant do the things that i have been reading about. I'm going to try and post a close up too.

I have my 12/12 lights on from 8pm to 8am, so I have a small window of opportunity to work/play with my plants in the mornings before work....what time are your lights on?

BTW I am trimming the lower 10% to 20% of bottom feeders as you suggested. There is alot of little branches, so just taking a couple off every few days....is there any good use for these tiny flowers and leaves that I remove, or is it trash? I make beer and one idea i had was to add my cuttings and pieces to my next batch of beer to make a hemp variation of what ever recipe I am making at the time. Do you do anything with your cuttings?

Thanks and look forward to the pics...the best to ya!

It is cool watching them grow:) I run my lights from 7am to6:30pm and I got all day to mess with them lol
A couple of weeks ago I saw a story about a resturaunt in california that was making wine and adding bud to it. so that sound like a plan. alcohol will extract the thc and should be a nice mix with a cold one!
I have to wait for my photographer to get out of bed, so later on today I will get some pics up and a few close ups too
stay tuned, and good luck on your grow!

Good morning Fish Cake,

How do you take your close-ups? I was looking at my plant's trichs and they are starting to appear all over it. They are not nice fat trichs yet, but they are there.....sweet! I trimmed a few more lower worthless branches and thought I might keep them to see if they smoke.... .although, they may taste bad since I'm still feeding flowing nutes.

It seems the flowers are getting fatter and fuller. I was checking your pics out the other day and you've done some awesome work. I had to buy some green because my plants aren't finishing fast enough and there were some nice big fat seeds in it (yea, crappy weed compared to what I'm growing, hopefully) and I might just try sprouting and growning them next instead of buying seed. It's like seed roulette, don't know what your gonna get.

grow on...

Howdy T, glad to hear the grow is doing well:) and I hear ya on the slow part but the wait is going to pay off in the long run!
MY first 3 grows were from bagseed and I was more then happy with the quality compared to the smoke it came from.
I just wanted to try some kind of new stuff and a freind I buy from always has some bluberry purple sinse bubble gum lemon stuff LOL never heared so many names. and at a$100 a1/4 figured I might as well buy some seeds and see if I can get better then that.
still got about an oz left from my harvest at the end of may even with my mooch brothers coming over:)
I also liked the Idea of getting some femminised seeds so it wouldnt be a waste of time growing a male and hell the seeds were like $4 a piece for the ak48 and the other plant the css was free. if you get the extra cabbage I would recomend trying some store bought seeds at least once.
I bought the wife a real nice camera so for the money it better take close ups of the craters of the moon:)

Get another tent and also a “Nursery”’area set up with a heat mat (depending on your countries weather) and start “monster cropping” the cuts in flowering. I have a low hit rate of success but for shoots under the canopy that I’d trim and bin I’ve managed to clone 3 plants in this way (GG#4 & Larry Bird Kush). Those that survive the gladiator academy trials of cutting mid/late flower>root>re veg>flower, start life stressed, and as we all know good stress produces more Trikes & THC. It’s worth a try and you’ve nothing to loose and FREE monster cropped hyper strong plants for your trouble!

Back
Top Bottom