Wilting Problem Zinc Magnese Nitrogen Problem Not Sure Please Help!

Earlier today the plant was doing fine, it was very perky now its wilting and it looks as if there's burning accuring. I was using CFLs 11 23w = 100w each bulb gives off 1600 lumens. Once I seen burning or some type of discoloration I switched to soft white bulbs 250w 3900 lumens each bulb. Temp is 92 and humidity 55. I've given it 10 10 10 and used dual feed. Also super thrive was given with other ferts {GH FloraNova Grow & Bloom} Please help its my first grow and I would like to see this threw.

Hey Wizzy,
Look mate, i am not an expert on all problems associated with weed. But i do know a few things:)
Firstly, i must ask - did you say you had 11 CFL lights going? And if you did how close do you keep these from the tops of your plants??
I hope you have a fan among them to circulate air and such..
The lights you should use during veg are the 6500k's the soft white arent much good. You will get better growth from 6500k's..
Have the lights about 3 inches from tops as long as its not really hot , but having a fan blowing across them should help it from burning or getting too hot.
How old is your plant, and if its rather young you shouldnt need much in the way of extra nutrients, as whats in your soil should do for a while.. Just PH your water and dont over/undrwater them, keep the lights close but not too close.
So maybe the burn youre speaking of is nutrient burn?? Maybe try flushing em, and wait a bit to see if they bounce back..
Goodluck, Smokemup..

Hey Wizzy,
Look mate, i am not an expert on all problems associated with weed. But i do know a few things:)
Firstly, i must ask - did you say you had 11 CFL lights going? And if you did how close do you keep these from the tops of your plants??
I hope you have a fan among them to circulate air and such..
The lights you should use during veg are the 6500k's the soft white arent much good. You will get better growth from 6500k's..
Have the lights about 3 inches from tops as long as its not really hot , but having a fan blowing across them should help it from burning or getting too hot.
How old is your plant, and if its rather young you shouldnt need much in the way of extra nutrients, as whats in your soil should do for a while.. Just PH your water and dont over/undrwater them, keep the lights close but not too close.
So maybe the burn youre speaking of is nutrient burn?? Maybe try flushing em, and wait a bit to see if they bounce back..
Goodluck, Smokemup..

The CFLs were about 5" from the canopy and there was a fan blowing. I started flushing yesterday and this morning they did bounce back. The burns are still there I'm wondering should I cut those burns out or take the whole leaf off? The plant is about 3 weeks old since first true leaves start showing. Ill continue to flush and wait aout a week or two until I use ferts again.

by the sounds of it (i havent clicked the pics, i dont like going to external sites) but, it sounds like nute burn. thats a LOT of food, and a lot of different types of food to be giving them.

plus, for your veg as smoke states above, switch back to 6500k lights. even though they are lower wattage, they will still grow it better than the 2700k bulbs, until you switch to flower at least.

2 of the most common mistakes for new growers is overfeeding, and over watering. so try to watch yourself on those points, and you should be fine.

by the sounds of it (i havent clicked the pics, i dont like going to external sites) but, it sounds like nute burn. thats a LOT of food, and a lot of different types of food to be giving them.

plus, for your veg as smoke states above, switch back to 6500k lights. even though they are lower wattage, they will still grow it better than the 2700k bulbs, until you switch to flower at least.

2 of the most common mistakes for new growers is overfeeding, and over watering. so try to watch yourself on those points, and you should be fine.

Thanks, I thouht it was th CFLs at first that was burnin the leaves that's why I swiched and then raised the soft whites abouve the canopy 18". After watering them and seeing them bounceback I knew it was nuteburn. Should I cut those leaves off? Or just cut out he burn?

Those links of the pictures were to drop box, I'm workin off my phone so I can't upload pics to 420. I deleted them now

i would clip off the burn. that way you can tell just by glancing if its progessing at all, or if the issue is solved.

plus it makes them look healthier, and feel healthier too!

Glad theyre lokin bit better mate!!
In regards to the burnt leaves, well its up to you, but i usually leave the leaf on until its starting to fully die itself, not if one blade is burned..
That way i know the leaf is of no use, and as your plants are rather small still, trimming em may slow em down some.
It will be fine if you trim them i guess, thats just what i do.
And having the lights 18" above the plant is WAY TOO FAR!! Have em about 3-4 inches mate.. Long as ya fans going there should be no harm..
Ive had my hi output CFL's at this distance for most my grows without bleaching or burning.. Just dont let em touch!!
You should only need to flush well once maybe twice if there is excessive added nutes. But most soil will return to a reasonable condition after the first good flush. Just feed her water for the next week or 2, rather than flushing over and over, its not good. You will have to build up nutrients in the soil again if its leached of its basic nute content.
Kick as budddy!! Later. SMokem..

In regards to the burnt leaves, well its up to you, but i usually leave the leaf on until its starting to fully die itself, not if one blade is burned..
That way i know the leaf is of no use, and as your plants are rather small still, trimming em may slow em down some.
And having the lights 18" above the plant is WAY TOO FAR!! Have em about 3-4 inches mate.. Long as ya fans going there should be no harm..
Ive had my hi output CFL's at this distance for most my grows without bleaching or burning.. Just dont let em touch!!
You should only need to flush well once maybe twice if there is excessive added nutes. But most soil will return to a reasonable condition after the first good flush. Just feed her water for the next week or 2, rather than flushing over and over, its not good. You will have to build up nutrients in the soil again if its leached of its basic nute content.

I clipped the burns off not the whole leaf, I just went to buy a 55 gallon fish tank and seen tat it comes with CFL T8 and its full spectrum. So I'm thinking about moving everything into the tank to conrol humidity and temp much better and the lights of course. What do you think? It just seems more put together and easy to control everything. I have a lot of them growing and I don't want it to get out of hand

Ditto on the CFL distance. In my Mr Grow Pro PC case I have my 4 CFLs about 2 inches max above my two week old plants and they are growing a lot each day so by the evening they are closer to 1 inch away and I have raise the light a bit! No burn whatsoever, not even close.

Back
Top Bottom