Greenhouse growing = indoor growing OR Greenhouse = outside

inanear

Less than five years ago, the big rage here was marijuana grown outdoors. People claimed the product was so much smoother and potent. Now, in our area of the world, the big fuss presently is about indoor growing. Most claim indoor growing yields a product very superior to outdoor growing, yet greenhouse growing is never mentioned in this equation. (Superior is here defined as in quality of taste and smoothness and potency).

So I wonder how you find the product to be if it is greenhouse grown using the natural light and natural light cycles? Does your opinion change if natural light is used in the greenhouse, but a 12/12 light cycle can be controlled the same as indoor?

Considering all else equal, what are your thoughts about which environment produces the best quality product?

howsit dude

for me, the plant strain has certain characteristics that are unique to that strain... it is going to exhibit those characteristics whether it be grown indoors or outdoors(=taste, potency/thc levels, quality), that being said, there are certainly strains that are better suited to indoor growing(and not suited to outdoor) and some that are definitely suited to outdoor growing.
imo, greenhouse growing is almost a middle ground to indoor and outdoor, it is great for growing plants that you couldnt ordinarily grow in your outdoor climate, creating a more controlled environment which can also mimic indoor growing environments or more tropical outdoor environments(in an otherwise cooler, dryer outdoor climate)
i find the primary differences between indo and outdo are TIME, and what can be achieved in a small amount of time- one can do 2-3 indoor grows in the same time i can do 1 outdoor grow.

potency and quality of smoke in my experience is largely dependant on ones method of DRYING and CURING as opposed to how it is grown, altho this obviously has an effect on quality for e.g. nutrient mixes, soil mixes, co2 levels etc will all effect plant growth BUT the curing process can quite dramatically change the qualities and high of the bud over time! anyone who has let their buds cure for 6-12mnths+ will testify to a smoother smoke with calmer accents to its high ... as opposed to more intense smoke with stronger effects of it in its early cured days, as an e.g. and imho, this is where a better quality is produced, in the drying and curing not so much the method of growing

where indoor growing really makes it claims to fame.. is for someone who lives in an area where outdoor conditions arent favourable for cannabis plant growth, whether it be in an urban area, an area where cannabis is illegal, or very cold outdoor climate etc.
one can then create an almost perfect environment by creating an indoor grow space with ideal/optimal temperature, humidity, soil mixes/hydro nutrient levels, ph levels and so on.. the primary advantages of indoor growing is you can optimize your plants grow EVERYTIME you grow...

as jorges cervantes has said, if you want to grow a superior cannabis for MMJ purposes, you cannot beat outdoor organically grown plants- completely organic and free of chemicals, this is something to really consider when growing for medical purposes..

just my thoughts on the subject! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Peace :Namaste:

You hit the nail right on the head when it comes to greenhouses and their tropical environment advantages Alkhemist as well as drying and curing weed properly so I need not ramble on and on since I consider myself to be somewhat of a novice in the growing scene, but as you stated all strains of cannabis do have different characteristics and traits from what I've seen during my years of legal gardening with some producing much better indoors and others out in which I prefer outdoor growing since I get way more bud come harvest without any decrease in potency once the curing process is done.:ganjamon:

You hit the nail right on the head when it comes to greenhouses and their tropical environment advantages Alkhemist as well as drying and curing weed properly so I need not ramble on and on since I consider myself to be somewhat of a novice in the growing scene, but as you stated all strains of cannabis do have different characteristics and traits from what I've seen during my years of legal gardening with some producing much better indoors and others out in which I prefer outdoor growing since I get way more bud come harvest without any decrease in potency once the curing process in done.:ganjamon:

for sure!! you cant beat the size you can achieve in an outdoor plant!! ive seen some freakin HUGE plants in my time.. some bordering on 12-14 foot in my own biodynamic experiments!
i recall with vivid clarity treking through Nepal in the mid 90's... we came to our destination, a quaint 2 story guest house set in the most idyllic garden you could imagine! it was 10 kilometres or so from Pokhara and is quite a well known trek... as i walked up the path to the main room i noticed with utmost AWE a cannabis TREE standing next to the guesthouse... it towered a good 1-2 metres above the 2 floors of the guesthouse and was in early vegetative stages!! all up i counted over 50 plants around the house all ranging from 3-4 metres upto 7-8 metre monsters and all were in veg :cheesygrinsmiley: some of the best hashish/charas ive ever tasted and i recall leaving 2 weeks later with an 8 ounce brick of gorgeous charas to head back to kathmandu with :cheesygrinsmiley: fond memories indeed :cheesygrinsmiley:

regards :Namaste:

Too cool Alkemist.

Inanear, I dont see why you think the general consensus is that indoor (probably hydro chem bud?) is superior. I find that organic well grown outdoor is the best. Not gorilla style, but properly manicured, cared for and loved outdoor grown with the absolute best products. To me THAT is by far, hands down, no comparison the best bud.

Indoor growing is now favored over "sun grown" because folks are realizing that an indoor environment allows for a better product. Why? No rain, dust, dirt, webs, bugs etc. to spoil the product. It just makes for a cleaner product … A greenhouse allows for much of the control an indoor grow allows plus uses the sun to really make things pop. I have not seen "greenhouse grown" as a marketing tool... yet

Back
Top Bottom