Adjusting, keeping steady & stable - pH in soil

morphRx

So I have these questions about the very important..... pH, and wanted to see how other growers would approach this on a soil grow.

Is it the pH of the feed solution (nutes or water) that is most important? Or is it the pH of the soil? So what I'm really asking is would the run off be the most important right?

So would this be correct; regardless of what the feed solution is it doesn't matter as long as the run off pH is in the right range of what the soil pH would be?

What I want to know is if I needed to raise the pH of the soil/runoff- I would raise the pH of the feed solution right? So instead of having the solution at or around 6.3 where the run off is around 5.5, the grower should raise the solution to to around 7.0 so the soil/run-off is around the 6.3 range? Or is this the wrong way of doing it?

Thanks

(Anyone recommend any good guide here on the forum or out there on the net about pH for soil? Adjusting, keeping stable and steady, etc.)

I would raise the pH of the feed solution right? So instead of having the solution at or around 6.3 where the run off is around 5.5, the grower should raise the solution to to around 7.0 so the soil/run-off is around the 6.3 range? Or is this the wrong way of doing it?

you got the idea. the key is 6.3. if your soil is 6.1 you water with 6.4 if your soil is 5.8 you can water with 6.7 if your soil is 3.4 your plant is probably already dead so dont worry about is :rofl:

=)
ph_spectrum.JPG

Testing runoff can be misleading. I was taught to test the soil itself. A buddy of mine taught me to takes a small amount of soils it a cup and add distilled water until its a slushy mixture and then test that with your Ph meter. This is a more accurate measuring of your soils Ph. When you test runoff the nutes and salts lower the Ph of the water pouring through the dirt and so you will get a lower reading than what soil actually is.

Back
Top Bottom