5-6 foot plant and NO buds!

rockinlock

I started a plant indoors fall of 2013 and it is almost April 2014 and no flowers or buds. I read the posts saying 12 hours of light OFF. I have done exactly that since it was 6-8 inches tall. I have also changed the plant food to one higher in phosphorous (30). Is it the type of seed or plant? The seed was from a sack of excellent quality buds that you rarely find a seed in. HELP! what am I doing wrong!?

Hey rockinlock :welcome: to :420:!!!!!!!
I was dropping in to say that mostly because I have no answer to your question. That is a weird one. It sounds like you have a monster on your hands. Maybe she is just taking her sweet time. Have you thought about topping it to keep it shorter?
Post some pictures if you get time. We all love to see monsters!

The leaves are only going to tell you if it is Sativa or Indica dominant. Not the sex. Search in the forums as to how a male and female look. Males have balls, females have pistils which turn into buds. I don't know how you can tell now, because if it was a male, his balls have already released their pollen and if it was a female, you would most certainly have some bud sites by now.

The leaves are only going to tell you if it is Sativa or Indica dominant. Not the sex. Search in the forums as to how a male and female look. Males have balls, females have pistils which turn into buds. I don't know how you can tell now, because if it was a male, his balls have already released their pollen and if it was a female, you would most certainly have some bud sites by now.

Ah, OK, well I never saw any pollen type areas or seed pods at all, there are however some new little hairs beginning to form at branch corners or at the base of a branch off the main trunk and all the intersections of branch's. its a bushy tree, around 5-6 feet tall with several branches.

It sounds like you might be seeing the initial signs of flowering!!! Post pics please!!!

Male plants do not have "balls." They will prodcue flowers that initially look like bananas then they will open up like flowers and disperse a disgusting amount of yellow pollen.

Female cannabis plants will first show signs of flowering as a pair of white pistils or hairs that start at the internodes. You will also notice the top growths start to bundle at their apex.

Ah, OK, well I never saw any pollen type areas or seed pods at all, there are however some new little hairs beginning to form at branch corners or at the base of a branch off the main trunk and all the intersections of branch's. its a bushy tree, around 5-6 feet tall with several branches.

Indoor to outdoor, safe?

I have an indoor plant a few feet tall, ready to bud but sluggish, full of lil hairs but leaves are drying even though watering is regulated, I want to replant her outside. Is that safe to do? I have a safe spot picked out and have 6 ft chicken wire to go around it to fend off critters.

I started a plant indoors fall of 2013 and it is almost April 2014 and no flowers or buds. I read the posts saying 12 hours of light OFF. I have done exactly that since it was 6-8 inches tall. I have also changed the plant food to one higher in phosphorous (30). Is it the type of seed or plant? The seed was from a sack of excellent quality buds that you rarely find a seed in. HELP! what am I doing wrong!?
Question for the autoflower guru's out there.

If you try to flower an autoflower strain way to early would this be the result?

I also have the same issue but I know I have a sativa plant which I have grown outside. Some reason it hasn't flowered I planted it in the first week of March and now it's almost July and all I see are leaves and more leaves. Will post a pic when I figure out how. By the way my plant is about 2 1/5- 3 ft tall

I also have the same issue but I know I have a sativa plant which I have grown outside. Some reason it hasn't flowered I planted it in the first week of March and now it's almost July and all I see are leaves and more leaves. Will post a pic when I figure out how. By the way my plant is about 2 1/5- 3 ft tall

I'm pretty noobish so I may be off here but I believe it also depends on what part of the world you are in and how long your days are. I see outdoor harvest dates in October in some places, so if it's a 10 week sativa it might start flowering beginning of August and 10 weeks to harvest in mid October.

If you know the strain and share what part of the world your growing in, some more knowledgeable folks will probably chime in and provide more useful assistance.

If it's healthy I wouldn't worry. You're days are pretty long right now I imagine, so it probably won't start flowering for another month, month and a half... It'll get monstrous, so be prepared! I would search some outdoor sativa journals to get a better idea of what to expect. I don't know when outdoor plants start showing pre flowers but if it's been in the ground that long I'd imagine you should be able to tell by now. Seeing any pistils (white hairs) at the internodes? Or balls?

All I see are stringy leaves and more leaves I see no little balls with string coming out but I do see alot of stringy leaves coming from the stem. I had a male that I destroyed about a month ago it started flowering and I caught it before they could open.

Back
Top Bottom