stickyickyick

Ok hi so this is my first grow, I'll start with the facts of my set up before diving into my problem and providing pics. I've got an 8' x 4' × 6.5' tent. Running a recirculating deep water culture, 30 total gallons, 6 sites 5 gallon buckets. Running 8 airstones (1 per 2 for reservoir), a 550 gph submerged pump. Plants are under 2 600 watt air cooled hps and side/top lit by 6 100 watt cfl and center by 3 200 watt cfl. Water temp varies but I'm usually consistent with ice and keep it between 66° and 73°. Ph is kept between 5 8 and 6.0. Feeding general hydro nutes, (most recent feeding 4 days ago 150 ml micro, 150 ml floragro, 100 ml calimag, 75 ml liquid koolbloom, and 75 ml silica si.) Water comes from a watermill site ro and filtered excessively so i usually offset with just 3 to 4 gallons of tap water. I have a ppm meter that doesn't adjust for temp but right after feeding it says 900 ppm at 70°. RH stays around 60 percent, ambient tent temp 75 ish and directly under the lights on the floor it's about 79°.

In the pics you can see the back right and back middle have major burning on their fans. I believe this was caused by allowing the nutes to all be used up between water changes. Magnesium or calcium deficiency maybe? I also add 30 ml of h2o2 daily in hopes of preventing root rot and adding a slight amount of o2 to my water. The front middle plants seed came from a sack of what was said to be chemdawg. The other 5 are ppp feminized from nirvahna. The chemdawg is roughly 8 weeks old, while the ppp is just under 6. I did not leave them in a tray long enough it may have stunted their growth slightly also I didn't know to top these. I intend to switch to flower in about 3 weeks is that advisable?

OK so all that said questions, 1 is the fan burns a magnesium deficiency? Note I also foliar spray every other day with the slightest amount of Epsom salt diluted water. Next question feedback on the set up is it legit? Last, assuming I get these nutes right what should I expect for yields?

So anyone out there who can help it would be greatly appreciated, any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of novice ability.. one last thing when the water ran out of nutrients last week and before the leaves turned I had a day or two of wild ph, could that have caused the leaves to turn? Also when I dump I use florakleen for two hours in between nutrient solutions.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the disorder of my post...also now I cannot figure out how to post pictures it says I cannot post attachments lol gonna need to figure that out to show you all what is happening

Re: First time grow help me out save the ladies!!!

20150413_104141.jpg
20150412_105545.jpg
20150412_105540.jpg
20150408_090211.jpg
20150408_090216.jpg
20150408_090224.jpg
20150408_090205.jpg
20150408_090147.jpg
20150408_090143.jpg

Don't worry about it saying you can't post attachments. Here-https://www.420magazine.com/forums/frequently-asked-questions/83621-photo-gallery-guide-how-resize-upload-post-photos.html
Edit- oh you figured it out...let's see...
I'll leave it for people who are wiser in deficincies and hydroponics than me. But it looks like you are doing good job keeping everything pretty well dialed in, in general. Yes a couple days of wild pH easily could have caused those problems. It sounds like you probably already have a pretty handle on what is going on there I think.

Thanks man, I'm really having a hard time factoring for how much they eat and drink. I noticed today that their roots are all crispy white again and the day I feed em they get that beige color... kind of using that for a re french in conjunction with the cheap tds ez ppm meter

Ok ok slow down everyone not all at once. Sorry for the sarcasm but I was really hoping to hear some feedback.. anything anyone has concerning the deficiency would be great. Also feedback for my set up... I'm gonna upload some recent photos taken todat, I realized after I added the others that the ones in white light are actually two weeks old. Thanks in advance everyone

ok no experience with hydro so not much help here
overall you have good structure and nice roots
you spray them quite a bit maybe a spritz was a bit too concentrated?
at least this will bump your post so that an elder might see
keep up the good work
take care

i wonder both actually,spraying is like a booster but can be overdone
i do spray but only once in a while like every other week or 3
every day or every other day seems a bit much
if some of your spray did not mix quite well or if it was too potent it would mark leaves with spots
not to sure that is what you have but no eliminating with out proof first right?
as i said will be best with an experienced hydro person but my advise is general and wont kill your garden
you have done well so far and i have confidence you will bring in a good finish

I'm gonna take what you've said under a advisement, and cut back on the frequency in which I spray to only 2 times a week and eventually once a week providing it helps. I'm also gonna measure more precisely the amount of Epsom salts I'm using... by adding a second helping of calimagic and removing the dead growth I've yet to see anymore new dying growth. Fingers are crossed, gonna try and be more diligent going forward with nutes up take and water consumption.

Another sidebar question I've got 6 10.0 uvb lizard lights (26 watt) that I intend to use for my last week, maybe two of flowering in hopes of inducing extra tricome and ultimately thc production. Anyone have any thoughts on this plan?

Back
Top Bottom