Help! Nanners! So Close To End!

sillymoose1

Ok so this is where my problem may or may not have begun. About a week ago my power went out. Upon power returning the power kept blowing the fuse out by the street so the power company told everybody to turn off ac and light and what not. Well I unplugged my power strip in the grow closet. Upon the power returning and returning to plug in the power stip I turned the light on in the closet, just the normal incandescent light on the ceiling to see. Well I forgot to turn it off. It stayed on between 24 to 72 hrs.....uh such a noob/stoner mistake I know. Reseting the timer is what side tracked me and caused me to forget about the light I just turned on....well today I noticed a few nanners on biggie. Upon inspection I also noticed my trichs appear 10-20% amber. Although I was planning 2 more weeks with her should I pluck nanners and continue or give her the chop. Keep in mind I have 2 more plants in with her that at the time, have no nanners. That are also no where near as far along as Biggie.

20150607_212908.jpg
20150607_211259.jpg
20150607_212

I just ran into a seed today on the one small sample I took from mine. But by nanners I am guessing you mean balls, and not seeds? My lights have been constant but I think it may be from the darkness times where she got light, I keep the closet door open. I wrote a post about it although no response yet I am still curious on the affects.
Effect On Potency With Seeds.
It does look like a beautiful plant tho, to bad about the last minute mishaps.

So I've been vigilant of any new nanners, well no new ones but there is an area on the one bud that had 2 nanners on it that looks like its developing a seeds. Not sure this is what it is, just looks different and has that rounded light yellow seedy look to it lol.

Keep plucking them with fine point scissors since you want to run them two more weeks. They wont be a problem as long as you find and remove them. Mine do this when I have heat issues. People say that "moonlight" amounts of light are fine as light leaks during your dark period, but I've accidentally left a control screen uncovered or something like that for a couple days and have had this happen then too.

If it were me, I would try to keep the nanners trimmed of, but no big deal if you get a few seeds(they will be feminized). It should still be good smoke

I thought that's how female seeds were made. Except you have to take the pollen from one hermie pollen sack and pollinate another bud on the same plant or an entirely different plant. Not 100% just how I thought I understood it.

Nope, nanner pollen will often be sterile, but also can fertilize its own calyxes, producing a S1 cross. If the female was a fem herself, the S1s will also be fems. It's quite cool when it happens - I got some nice Panama S1 seeds that way.

Is she a fem?

Besides, the hermie caution is more for genuine hermies that turn entirely, all over the plant. I've tried to stop those and it's rarely worth it - eventually it's too much. A seed from a few stray nanners isn't any more likely to hermie. They can be very welcome. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just keep watching and plucking. It'll usually be confined to one part of the plant and it'll quit after a few days of plucking. Or it'll go full hermie on ya. :laughtwo:

Good luck. :thumb:

Well technically feminized seeds are hermies and contain only female genes. And hermies are just females that were more susceptible to produce pollen sacs and fertilize themselves and the ones around them. Depending on the genotype, you could get a female seed which SOME say is more likely to itself be a hermie and pollenate itself and those around it. Other people say they have great success with them and don't have problems with hermies. I mean, realistically you're probably at the same (or better) odds of using a hermie seed and getting a female, than you would from a real male and female. Especially if you don't stress it.

Back
Top Bottom