First time grower and only have one plant - Not sure if I'm doing this right

TONYBLUNTZ420

How's it going .. name is tony ... or known on here tony blunt 420..started my first grow ever ... it's about week and half almost 2 weeks..started it in a small clay pot but soil in a smaller plastic container.. now my question is .. my lights I use push about 230-240 watts worth.. have cfls at 25 watts.. one plant light blue tint 60 watt.. and a led 100 watt us it enough light.. grow box home made 1.5x1.5x2 deep .. white interior for reflexion.. temp stays at 74-81 .. not sure of ph water or humidity and put a cup of water just in case inside box... 4 inch exhaust and 7 inch fan for air inside... do I need nutes soon or do I keep giving it simple water... thanks for the feed back

Also I don't know which type of seed not was .. I was breaking up some buds and a 3 seeds popped out ... it was green crack .. purple urckle.. sour diesel .. critical kush...so I'm not sure where the seeds came out of..:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:thanks:

How's it going .. name is tony ... or known on here tony blunt 420..started my first grow ever ... it's about week and half almost 2 weeks..started it in a small clay pot but soil in a smaller plastic container.. now my question is .. my lights I use push about 230-240 watts worth.. have cfls at 25 watts.. one plant light blue tint 60 watt.. and a led 100 watt us it enough light.. grow box home made 1.5x1.5x2 deep .. white interior for reflexion.. temp stays at 74-81 .. not sure of ph water or humidity and put a cup of water just in case inside box... 4 inch exhaust and 7 inch fan for air inside... do I need nutes soon or do I keep giving it simple water... thanks for the feed back
you didnt say anything about your soil, but if you started in a good soil and plan to up-pot into more fresh soil when they overgrow their little pots, you don't need nutes... not in veg. Keep uppotting to slightly bigger pots and adding fresh soil, and you can easily get to flower without needing any nutes at all, and it is the most common mistake of new growers, to over feed. With the small lights and minimal airflow, your plants' needs will be minimal... don't make the mistake of over feeding.

Honestly I was so anxious to go I saw a pot with dead mint plant... so of course I got water poured it into the pot started chopping up the dirt to kill other plant and roots thinking this should be fine... honestly dumb newbie growing for ya..but it's growing pretty good .. about to weeks old... but I did buy miricle grow organic for seedling and other soil for when it grows more...I'm shot need as much help as possible.. thank you

It's been about 10 days to 2 weeks... so should I switch pots and put fresh soil to transplant plant .. or should I wait a week or 2 more to do that... I know your supposed to do it when you see roots I think and I see little ones shooting threw the bottom of the container.. so shouldni do itn ow

It's been about 10 days to 2 weeks... so should I switch pots and put fresh soil to transplant plant .. or should I wait a week or 2 more to do that... I know your supposed to do it when you see roots I think and I see little ones shooting threw the bottom of the container.. so shouldni do itn ow

you are not necessarily supposed to uppot as soon as you see roots at the bottom, that is a myth. This is a deep rooting plant, and the first thing they do when hitting a new container is throw roots down to the bottom, and it is just luck of the draw whether you happen to be able to see them from the drain holes.

transplant as soon as you see any sort of stress or as soon as the wet/dry cycle goes down to 24 hours... otherwise, there are great advantages to keeping your plant in a smaller container as long as you can, to develop a container sized root ball. Up-pot too soon and all the roots go down to the bottom, and that root ball never develops to its full potential.

I have been watering them almost everyday.. but then read that I should every other to 2 days to let is drink the water to grow or something... but to be honest I want a really short plant ... and don't want to grow a 4 or 5 foot plant either.. I'm like a retard to this so bare with me if you want to help... but I appreciate all the advice you can provide me with.. thanks again

20151014_150455.jpg
20151014_150434.jpg
20151014_150418.jpg

I have been watering them almost everyday.. but then read that I should every other to 2 days to let is drink the water to grow or something... but to be honest I want a really short plant ... and don't want to grow a 4 or 5 foot plant either.. I'm like a retard to this so bare with me if you want to help... but I appreciate all the advice you can provide me with.. thanks again
Do some research into something called the "lift method" and learn to figure out when to water using that. In this way, the plants will tell you when they want water, instead of you using some human impression as to what they need. Watering correctly is super important and needs to be done correctly to grow this plant.
Keeping it short is another subject entirely. Most of us start by keeping the lights as close as we can so that the plant has no need to stretch toward it. Also, I start topping my plants at the 6th node, and then top again as soon as those two tops get a second node. This keeps my plants relatively short and produces very wide and bushy plants instead. Others use LST, FIM and other methods to keep the vertical height manageable, you just need to pick a method and own it.

I just started to day to water them less to see if it changes anything either tomorrow night or the next morning I will see hiw light and dry it feels.. I used to water every other day .. so I'm gonna see the out come .. and I'm going to look up the lift method... I appreciate your patience and advice. .. thank you again

Good afternoon ... so I watered my plant today was super dry and light... so what I did hopefully I'm not wrong. . I watered it till it dripped from the bottom ... didn't do that the first time or I should say I never checked if it leak the first water I gave it... let's see the results in a day or 2... I started another grow again not sure the seed type but came from those strains I mentioned earlier..it's acutely growing came out of the soul last night.. gonna wait to water it ... the lift method.. thanks again for your feedback and patience

The shorter stubby one is "biggie smalls" and the taller lanky one "big L" LST'ING. .

BIGGIE SMALLS
OUT OF SOIL :10/16/15
TRANSPLANTED ONCE FROM CUP TO POT
NEXT FEED :10/26/15 room temp bottled water

Big L
10/6/15 OUT OF SOIL
TRANSPLANTED FROM CUP TO POT of organic potting soil
Next feed : 10/26/15

Back
Top Bottom