Help with high CBD seedlings

static123

Hi guys

I hope everyone is keeping well.

Ok so this is my first Indoor grow,

My wife has MS and we wanted to try a high CBD strain, we grow some of the CBD Crews GOM 1.0 autos in the green house this summer (UK) and altho the yield was not that great off the plants the effect on my wife was very encouraging so much so that we have set our selfs up with a tent 250w HPS Carbon filter etc.

The seeds used for this indoor grow are Auto CBD Sugar GOM from seedman.

The grow medium we are using is plant magic plus and once the seeds had popped I put them in the final pots containing the grow magic soil and some mykos.

The temps are at pot level around 25 / 26 *C and halfway up the tent its 23/24 *C

Humidity is around 50/60

Lights on 24 7 at the moment

2 x clip on fans one at the top and one at the bottom

My question is i think the seedlings are not looking to great and i think its because of the soil having to many nuts.

Obviously I can't re pot these now so I am hoping as long as i keep them on pure water they should be fine once bigger.

Any advice or reassurance would be great as this is now very important for my wife and I don't want her to run out of our summer out door grow :(

attached are the pics of the tent setup and the seedlings. really hope you guys can help me

Thanks for your time guys

1445584917892480976131.jpg
14455848590991399546558.jpg
1445584985969-172322125.jpg

Your seedlings looks great to me. i prefer 18/6 and my plants growing so fast. ı am sure your CBD cannabis plant will be ready before she runs out the outdoor grow. Be patience, let them grow a little more and if you see anything strange keep us updated. BTW ı do also plant my seedlings to Final pots 11 liters and they are fine. for now you should water only with ph'd water..

Your seedlings looks great to me. i prefer 18/6 and my plants growing so fast. ı am sure your CBD cannabis plant will be ready before she runs out the outdoor grow. Be patience, let them grow a little more and if you see anything strange keep us updated. BTW ı do also plant my seedlings to Final pots 11 liters and they are fine. for now you should water only with ph'd water..

Thanks for your reply, thats nice to no that to you they look fine, at the moment I am only using normal tap water and I am unsure what the ph is, perhaps I should look in to getting a tester and ph up and down, my pockets are running a little dry tho after everything else,

Thanks for your reply, thats nice to no that to you they look fine, at the moment I am only using normal tap water and I am unsure what the ph is, perhaps I should look in to getting a tester and ph up and down, my pockets are running a little dry tho after everything else,

For my self ı never ph my water :) ı usually buy 5 liter water and of course checking its ph.. it should write on the label. my is 7,31ph but ı also use advenced nuts ph perfect so never had any big problems. However, ph is so important for your plant. If you have high ph your plant will block the nutes or whatever she gets from the soil so, that might cause a or some problems. Good luck

For my self ı never ph my water :) ı usually buy 5 liter water and of course checking its ph.. it should write on the label. my is 7,31ph but ı also use advenced nuts ph perfect so never had any big problems. However, ph is so important for your plant. If you have high ph your plant will block the nutes or whatever she gets from the soil so, that might cause a or some problems. Good luck
I am just looking at a tester on line now might pop out and pick one up, what would be the right PH to use then? is it the same for the plant throughout it life or do you need to change it at all ? sorry for all the questions :)

It looks like you aren't watering them completely. Is this soil or soilless hydro?

It looks like you aren't watering them completely. Is this soil or soilless hydro?

Hi

There in soil and i am watering first thing in the morning and last thing at night, I am only watering with a small amount of water around them in a small area at the moment, I didn't want to over do it, should i be using more water then ?

Thanks

I agree about 24/0. I prefer 18/6. How big is your pot? Most potting soil designed for our crop is already the correct PH and is buffered pretty well. I just use plain water. A seedling that size usually has roots reaching down several inches/cm but it appears you are only watering a small part of the soil.

I am just looking at a tester on line now might pop out and pick one up, what would be the right PH to use then? is it the same for the plant throughout it life or do you need to change it at all ? sorry for all the questions :)

Yes you want to drench the entire volume of soil completely, then wait until it is almost dry to water again. Right now, the roots are establishing themselves and you don't want your main root ball to be the size of a tennis ball when you have the ability to fill that whole pot up with roots. The pH in soil should be around 6.2-6.5, but as the major has mentioned, if the soil is made properly, the pH of your water won't matter too much, as long as within the 5-8 range. The soil should buffer itself to what it needs to be for a couple of months.

Yes you want to drench the entire volume of soil completely, then wait until it is almost dry to water again. Right now, the roots are establishing themselves and you don't want your main root ball to be the size of a tennis ball when you have the ability to fill that whole pot up with roots. The pH in soil should be around 6.2-6.5, but as the major has mentioned, if the soil is made properly, the pH of your water wont matter too much, as long as within the 5-8 range. The soil should buffer itself to what it needs to be for a couple of months.

Right so i should be using more water in a bigger area then, I shall do that now, Big thanks for your help everyone

Right so i should be using more water in a bigger area then, I shall do that now, Big thanks for your help everyone

I drench the entire pot by watering from the bottom up and the top down. That pot should soak up every bit of water it can. Let it sit for a few minutes then tip it each direction and let as much water drain out as possible. Now leave it alone and let it dry out. The roots will fill the pot seeking moisture, giving the plant a solid foundation for growth. In a good size pot it can take a couple of weeks before the next watering. Once the plant needs water every couple of days, it is usually rootbound and ready for a bigger pot. I can't tell if you are in a small or huge pot right now. Get used to what the pot feels like when it is dry and keep an eye on your little ones. You will get to know when they are just about to wilt and need more water. At that point, drench/soak again.

I drench the entire pot by watering from the bottom up and the top down. That pot should soak up every bit of water it can. Let it sit for a few minutes then tip it each direction and let as much water drain out as possible. Now leave it alone and let it dry out. The roots will fill the pot seeking moisture, giving the plant a solid foundation for growth. In a good size pot it can take a couple of weeks before the next watering. Once the plant needs water every couple of days, it is usually rootbound and ready for a bigger pot. I can't tell if you are in a small or huge pot right now. Get used to what the pot feels like when it is dry and keep an eye on your little ones. You will get to know when they are just about to wilt and need more water. At that point, drench/soak again.

Great advise thank you so much,

Speaking of water, when I first started growing I was using tap water that was just pH'd before use. I figured because I had a water softener and a separate tannin conditioner my water would be great...WRONG!!! I almost killed them...I have one outside faucet that dispenses water directly from the well before going through the conditioners and that made all the difference in the world. I only bring this up because I don't see conditioners talked about when problems arise.
Best of luck on the high CBD strains, I'm right there with you.

Hi guys

I watered like suggested and they do look at lot happier now however i am still concerned about one of them looking a little odd to me , its the first picture
1445755661319-1711828412.jpg

its just seems to not want to perk up its leaves compared to the other

1445755779043-134545228.jpg

I'd take the "wait and see" approach. Those leaves don't look great - the little spots I'm seeing in your picture sort of look like mite damage, but IDK with young leaves that small.

I'd take the "wait and see" approach. Those leaves don't look great - the little spots I'm seeing in your picture sort of look like mite damage, but IDK with young leaves that small.

My gut is telling me to start another one of just in case this weak one dies on me, really need to get two decent ones, Ill keep her in there but just move her from being directly under the light and replace with a new one, fortunately I had three seeds so may as well use the last one. I am not sure its from over watering as it was like this from the start and I hadn't watered them correctly in the first place,

thanks again for your advise.

Back
Top Bottom