My plant's balls

pete2

Well to start with I want to thank you all for your post's and opinion's. I cut one piece of the new growth off last night so I could get some better pic's. Some of them are kinda blurry, best I could get.
2-3 weeks ago I thought I had nute burn, so I changed the water to just PH balanced water. Urfortunately I wasn;t able to get back to them for 8 or 9 days. When I did get back to them they all looked like they were dying. That day I changed the water back with food in it at 900 PPM's. I don't know if that has anything to with this new growth and the ball's around it. I have no ideal what a Fems or a Hermis are. Is this going to effect the potency of the plant? Before this came up I had planned on pulling them and start drying them in about a week or so. Is this going to effect that? Also you can see a lot of the leaves are turning yellow. I know as they get closer to harvest they start losing some leaves on there own, but with this new growth, I'm not sure if it's from that or if they are doing what they are suppose to do. I also noticed some new growth on the inside of one of them.
Again, I really appreciate all the help you have been. Happy Holidays
alton_002.JPG
alton_017.JPG
alton_016.JPG
alton_014.JPG
alton_012.JPG
alton_011.JPG
alton_010.JPG
alton_008.JPG
alton_007.JPG
alton_005.JPG

Thanks again Guy's and Gal's

They look like female flowers from what I can see. Still try to get even more in focus. Looks like the type of growth that happens when there are light leaks during darkness. I can't tell color exactly from the pic but male bud flowers will put out a "nanner" or banana looking object during flower. Male separate flowers will split open like a pac man and have pollen grains inside. It looks like you have done shaped flowers with pistils(white and fuzzy). If you can try a few more pics, maybe with a big magnifying glass if you have one. Or even a set of reading glasses.

But my preliminary diagnosis is female but mutated because of light leak during dark period. Be careful because light leaks can lead to hermie plants (male/female)

I can't tell...under the jewelers lop there might be a nanner. But I think you are good to go.

The growth is very odd. You have a bunch of individual calyxes that look to be fairly mature. I have to say that I don't think I have seen that before. Buds grow with many calyxes together. Individual calyxes here and there....are you sure this is weed? :)

But seriously.... those are swelling individual Calyxes but they still have pistils so they are not fertilized. I don't think you have any pollen floating around you just got some stressed out neglected stuff.

Live and learn.
:thumb:

I can't tell...under the jewelers lop there might be a nanner. But I think you are good to go.

The growth is very odd. You have a bunch of individual calyxes that look to be fairly mature. I have to say that I don't think I have seen that before. Buds grow with many calyxes together. Individual calyxes here and there....are you sure this is weed? :)

But seriously.... those are swelling individual Calyxes but they still have pistils so they are not fertilized. I don't think you have any pollen floating around you just got some stressed out neglected stuff.

Live and learn.

LOL, I hope it's weed. Thanks for posting. You said it is stressed out and neglected stuff. I'm still learning so could you go it more detail about what that means? I would appreciate it.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks for posting. I opened one of the, what I call balls, and there is nothing inside of them. There could be a light leak some where, but if there is it's not much. Does a little bit of light matter that much? I can try to get better pics, but These are with a 30X jewelers glass. I know they are a bit fuzzy. I'll try again.
I know that "hermie" is short for something, but I don't know what. Could you clue me in on that? Just say that these 2 plants turn into a hermie's, How does that effect the plant, THC % . Thanks for posting

I need better pics to do a real diagnosis. Plus you did some things (at l;least you said you did) that make it hard to tell. So assuming you are telling me the truth what I see makes a bit of sense but the problem is that type of neglect causes everything to fall apart so I can't really tell.

It looks like you are in bubble buckets but those may be RDWC...but either way you said you flushed and then left them nute free for a week right? That caused a lot of what I call autumning because I can never remember the real term (and I aint such a sick in the mud to sweat the small stuff). So like the leaves turning yellow in fall on your trees...the plant looks to have started really digging into those leaves. This can also just happen during a flush near the end. But you did it mid cycle unintentionally early.

Then you came back and gave it some nutes so it was able to start up again and started building those rare sites all over because it could and new growth is easier than fixing old growth. But also it starts to regrow the old stuff and starts to make "baseball bats". That is when the bud is top filling and looks kind of upside down and is thinner at the bottom than the top.

There is some fairly gnarly leaf curl there but again it is kind of like figuring out why the plane crashed without the black box. There is stuff everywhere I need to lay it out on the counter to confirm.

You can't leave a hydro grow for very long without nutes or it will crash like that.

I see some specific nute issues but it really doesn't matter once you starve it out then the signs on the leaves are just a mess. you need to bring it back and look at new growth.

But your new growth is only in the buds now so it is much harder to diagnose without any fan leaf production. All of that is shut down now.

That is still gonna be some good weed bro just don't over do the nutes from here on. It is stunted and wont grow like it could have. But let it mature and you will be fine.

It stretched because that is a common response to almost dying. It is trying to find some pollen before the end of the world.

I didn't see what it looked like when you got back but I think it looks like you are bringing her home just fine.

:peace:

lol... those are just swollen calyxes... and in a non pollinated plant they simply fill with oil... this is a good thing. If she had been pollinated, these would indeed have seeds in them, but none of this has anything to do with hermies or male plants... these are female plant parts, engorged and ready, and I might add, healthy. Nothing to be concerned about.

Herms or whatevs is just short for Hermaphrodite meaning it has both male and female parts.

I always feel the light leak is about the duration not the intensity but others will argue any light matters. I say those guys did something else to stress it but who knows this. I have not found studies in creating hermaphroditic plants on purpose. I also have not looked as I don't care so maybe this is all well understood.

What happens is at night the chemical processing drastically changes. You are not doing photosynthesis at night and the plant changes direction. Instead of CO2 it consumes O2 and it is building up some sugars and stuff in a different way to make it readily accessible for when the lights come back. Many growers wont do 24 hours in Veg because they feel it is necessary for these chemical changes to happen daily. They do help but there is also tons of data suggesting it is faster just to go 24...I don't care to argue just explaining why.

So my feeling on light leaks is if there is a constant light leak then part of the plant is not switching over to night time. It is not consuming O2 and is trying to photosynthesis while the rest of the plant is saying shut the fuck up!!!! We are trying to sleep Over here!!!!

So the plant freaks out having both processes happening at the same time and decides it is the end of the world now. So it makes male sacs to self pollinate because the plant has only one goal in life. It is here strictly to make seeds. It thinks like "a tree fell over me and I can't grow anymore so I better self breed".

So why this matters...

You may have heard the term Sinsemilla? there are many people who steal it and use part of the word like Sensi seed bank or whatever...it is all just short for sinsemilla. That is a Spanish word meaning seedless. It has been used to describe the proper way to grow Cannabis since they figured out that not seeding it leads to much bigger and more potent buds. What happens is the plant has one goal in life and that is to make seeds (did I say that already?). So once it gets pollinated it stops doing anything else and makes seeds. So long time ago they figured out to stop growing males and selling shwag bags of leaves and in turn grow sticky icky dank and its true name is sinsemilla.

The thing to be concerned about is that this looks just like a bud that is going back to veg. Anyone who has revenges a plant before can recognize the appearance here. When you reveg, the first thing you notice is that the bud material begins to out out the weird single warped leaves. Then it is like the bud stretches out and becomes separate. This is exactly what these look like. I am more
Convinced than ever that you have a light leak.
Thanks go to tokersmokeg, this is from their reveg thread here on 420mag
100_21333.JPG

Light issues can be stray light coming through holes or it can be light related itself. Sometimes a timer will cause the flowering light to flicker on here or there in the dark period. Not all timers, just a malfunctioning one. Digital timers can cause this issue with LED or CFL.

What I would do is sit in the grow with the lights off and any lights around the grow on that may be on normally. Sit in there a good 30 minutes. Once you get acclimated to the dark you will see any stray light and any timer induced flicker.

Live and learn.

One thing that I want to say is that I don't neglect my plants, Stressed out yes, This is my first grow and I'm sure I put them thur hell more than once, learning curve you know. I do appreciate the post, and the info you gave.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Not trying to offend I only was saying.. 8 days, no food in hydro...I know you say unintentional an all, Can't help it... but that is neglecting them. Totally probably not your fault... I just used the word that came to me to describe what you were saying. I don't know really what other word to use for that...how about...naw I just can't think of a good word...

I just looked it up on Thesaurus dot com to find something nice...because I am an idiot... and don't know what I am doing...here is what they had. Are any of them better? (coolness doesn't count :) )

They don't look bad. They are gonna be fine. I worry about the new growth. I have seen that and it goes bad with too many nutes real easy. The thing is real easy to turn now. So tread lightly and you will be fine.

For a first grow you did awesome.

:tokin:

Not trying to offend I only was saying.. 8 days, no food in hydro...I know you say unintentional an all, Can't help it... but that is neglecting them. Totally probably not your fault... I just used the word that came to me to describe what you were saying. I don't know really what other word to use for that...how about...naw I just can't think of a good word...

I just looked it up on Thesaurus dot com to find something nice...because I am an idiot... and don't know what I am doing...here is what they had. Are any of them better? (coolness doesn't count :) )

They don't look bad. They are gonna be fine. I worry about the new growth. I have seen that and it goes bad with too many nutes real easy. The thing is real easy to turn now. So tread lightly and you will be fine.

For a first grow you did awesome.

Yea I know, I thought about that after I sent you that post, so in this case I'm the one that is an idiot. Sorry hope you don't hold it against me. Happy Holidays [ I even had to look up spelling for the word' idiot '

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I don't take anything on here serious or personal I am just trying to help people. I was apologizing that's all...I can be a smart ass and for some reason there are people who take this stuff serious.

:party::party::party::party:

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

:bigtoke:
:cough:

:party::party::party:

Thanks for posting, everyone else is telling me that the 2 plants in question are hermi's and I should pick them before they pop
Could you go into more detail about your post to me? Thank-You
If you mean my post then then we must go through what makes a plant veg and what makes it flower. A cannabis plant produces a hormone called Florigen that makes it flower. It is always producing this hormone but it is destroyed by even a seconds worth of light. It is also destroyed locally in one area by pinpoint light leaks in a garden or severely reduced.
If this hormone is allowed to build up to a certain level ( somewhere around 11-12 hours darkness) it triggers a cascade of gene expression in a plant to cause it to flower. Every day the cycle starts again. The Florigen builds up and the plant flowers more.Every day when the light comes on Florigen is destroyed. So the amount of Florigen that is allowed to build up overnight determines the level of plant response.
If we enter our grow during the night or cause light to enter through light leaks this can destroy the flowering hormone and cause a diminished flowering response or even worse cause the plant to start vegging again.
This is what it appears to me that is going on in your grow. Somehow some way light is entering the grow and causing you to reveg during flower. So the buds are opening up like the picture I posted, stems are lengthening and you are getting long stretched out areas. This causes a lot of stress to the plant and may eventually cause it to hermie though I don't see male flowers in your pics.

I would add...People are telling you to chop them down because the pics are so bad. Take steady shots with no zoom and let the focus work. Then with a good high res pic they will be able to see that his is regenerated new growth.

If they are hermis you could tell by now I bet since it has been a few days right?

I would add...People are telling you to chop them down because the pics are so bad. Take steady shots with no zoom and let the focus work. Then with a good high res pic they will be able to see that his is regenerated new growth.

If they are hermis you could tell by now I bet since it has been a few days right?

Yea , Little balls everywhere. I kinda have to wait to cut them down till Monday, like 2 days. Do you think that will be ok? Or might that make it worse?
Thank-You for all your help. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

So that was what I failed to express appropriately as my concern. I have brought back plants that have had major shock and damage even main stem almost completely severed.

Your situation is the worst kind. When the plant gets starved and then gets nutes again it totally freaks out (just like our bodies do) and is very easy to have turn on you. That is probably the worst shock it can get, worse than lockout of a nute due to a wild pH. Worse than an infection in the roots that you clean out. Worse than insects which can be killed.

Just about all other sorts of stress (heat and light stress not included) are types where the plant kind of expects that and can deal with it. The 2 things it can't deal with well is getting 0 nutrition for a while or having the sun beating it so hard the fan leaves are sunburning. Those will turn a great grow south fast if it is in Bloom. In veg you can get away with murder but once it is in bloom you gots ta be gentile.

So I have seen stunted buds come back to have new buds shooting out of the sides and it was fine, Like I see in the background on the last pic. But I really wanted to see a clearer pic.

Too bad, so sad
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom