Can eating raw cannabis cause elevated Potassium levels?

Curly Beaver

Off the wall question of the day.

I have been having some pretty severe leg cramps at night so my medical provider did some blood work and found I have a higher level of potassium that normal. Seems how I don't eat bananas she mentioned that eating green leafy vegetables could raise it as well so now I am curious as to whether eating raw cannabis (4-5 leaves/day) would have enough Potassium in them to raise it. I think she was referring to spinach, kale etc. but I don't eat that either.
Any thoughts?

I really doubt that 4-5 leaves per day would provide your body with too much potassium Maybe if you were eating like half a pound of leaves a day. Yous should ask your doctor about it either way. Physician-Patient confidentiality is a beautiful thing.

Mmm i think salt (table) & salt found in processed food may be viewed as a potassium, i might just check your own diet first before pointing fingers at any green leafs.

Mmm i think salt (table) & salt found in processed food may be viewed as a potassium, i might just check your own diet first before pointing fingers at any green leafs.

Wow, I was not pointing fingers. I have a health issue and came here with a simple question that I can't find an answer to. i was hoping someone may know that answer and be willing to share.

Wow, I was not pointing fingers. I have a health issue and came here with a simple question that I can't find an answer to. i was hoping someone may know that answer and be willing to share.

You can do a search for high potassium and get a whole list of conditions that contribute to high potassium. Usually people don't get enough. In the end, your Dr. will diagnose your imbalance. Fresh Cannibus leaves are loaded with healing chemicals, none of which will cause high potassium.

Just some FREE advice for you about potassium. Having either high or low potassium can be very dangerous to your body! I'm speaking totally from personal experience with this! Having too high or even low levels can cause your body to have some major issues and mostly issues that occur within the brain! Go back to your doctor and have them do another blood work up for you! If you don't feel comfortable going back to the same doctor thats totally fine. Just go to another doctor and let them know you'd like an annual type physical with a full blood work up. If they ask you if you're having any issues or problems id advise them that you aren't. Of course if you are having any type of issues then by all means let them know what the issues are. I'm just saying don't tell them you're having any issues with your body based off what you have said here. Having a high level of potassium doesn't mean you're having any type of an issue with your body per se. The simple fact though is that having a high level or a low level isn't normal! Theres a reason why you're levels came back the way they did. Its for that reason, why you need to have it re checked. Usually a person with high levels will have some issues going on in their bodies. Same goes with having low levels as well. With low levels the brain doesn't work like its suppose to and can cause all kinds of serious even life threatening issues. So PLEASE go back to your original doctor or go to a new one and have a full blood work up completed. This is also something that you DONT want to put off either. Don't wait for many days to go by, just make an appointment and go back in, trust me on this as like I have said I speak from personal experience! Take care and if you care to share later please do. Most people don't realize how serious of an issue of having high or low potassium levels really are! You take care of yourself ASAP!

What? I guess I'm missing something with your comment. And I'm not trying to be mean to you either. I just don't understand what you're saying, take care.

What? I guess I'm missing something with your comment. And I'm not trying to be mean to you either. I just don't understand what you're saying, take care.

Processed food needs a lot of salt.

Salt levels on packaging are approximated from the amount of sodium in the food sample,

In order to keep the Sodium aka Salt content down, they use Potassium Chloride instead of Sodium Chloride

Salt substitute - Wikipedia

JimmyV,
Thanks for your reply and sharing your experience. Just to clarify, this was found at an annual physical exam, complete blood workup. I do have to go in a few days for a second draw because of this potassium level. My health care worker is very aware of the path I will be taking with cannabis and is supportive of my desicion, I am hiding nothing, just trying to help figure out if I am doing something different that has caused this.

Off the wall question of the day.

I have been having some pretty severe leg cramps at night so my medical provider did some blood work and found I have a higher level of potassium that normal. Seems how I don't eat bananas she mentioned that eating green leafy vegetables could raise it as well so now I am curious as to whether eating raw cannabis (4-5 leaves/day) would have enough Potassium in them to raise it. I think she was referring to spinach, kale etc. but I don't eat that either.
Any thoughts?
Almost everything contains Potassium, Fruits, Milk, Chocolate and Vegetables. You might have to look up the Nutritional value before eating any of those things, I'm on a Kidney Diet and we can't eat anything with Potassium

Back
Top Bottom