Which nutrients should I buy?

Tris420

Hey guys ! Im thinking about buying new Nutrients for my next Grow ...

Im using Plagron Lightmix Soil , Plagron Grow/Bloom Nutrients and Plagron Royale Sugar (this one only small test bottle but i like it ) ...

So now Since i watched alot of Youtube Video Mr Tight etc. I saw that they use alot more nutrients from for example Advanced Nutrients ! So yea now im thinking about getting some from them too but im not sure what i should buy lol ! So any Help would be good :)) Thanks in advance

There are so many different nutrient lines available that is kind of like saying which car is the best one. I have heard nothing but good things about Advanced, and Raw. But there are so many to choose from. Presently I am using Fox Farms line of nutrients.
I would say you should use the brand of nutrients you can afford, and go from there.

I was recommended AN's Iguana Juice nutrient mix for my first grow and I was really happy with it. Got a bottle of grow, bottle of bloom, some cal-mag from General Organics, and molasses.

I haven't grown with anything else to compare but was relieved I didn't need to mix together 10 different things for good results. You still should pH the solution though, as the "pH Perfect" tech AN claims wasn't reliable for me.

Well I think it matters if you are growing in soil, soilless or Hydro and even then it matters what kind of each of those. Believe it or not there are different types of soil grows.

I am going to assume you are talking DWC.

I recommend for Veg using Elanor's VF-11 Plus a cal mag and silica treatment.
For bloom that is a bit more complicated but for learning...I recommend Advanced Nutrients pH perfect as you really have to show some serious neglect to mess that up.

To be clear I don't use AN because I like to take the time do it "my way" but that doesn't mean AN is bad. AN is a very good line that is one of the easiest to use.

After you get a few grows under your belt AND ONLY after you get a few grows done consider changing up whatever you choose. Don't go changing everything every time because you don't know what is working and what isn't.

I also assume you are in America. There is a really nice Australian brand that is really easy to use because the base is the same throughout the entire grow and there is just a single additive bottle that changes for the 3 stages of growth. If you can get your hands on Mills product it is top notch and super easy...but again the blooming additive is quite expensive.

NASA uses General Hydroponics...They have a few scientists there that have worked it out and ...they use GH.

Sometimes it is important to carry your own weight. Using easy to use plans like AN may make the learning cure longer as you are not required to know some stuff to get a decent yield. To get premium yield yes you still need to know that stuff but it is harder to learn it if the nute program is stupid simple idiot proof and taking care of things for you.

If you are doing soil then you will have more fun doing it all on your own in a bucket.

:peace:

:rofl:

If you read a bit around here you would know I do both... it just depends on what I am doing and time of year. I have a bunch of how to's in the DWC section.

I don't buy into the chems because you can't optimize the potency. I do my DWC with teas because I am a personal home grower. There are some who only grow for turn around time and weight and to them I say good luck and peace. Since I get enough out of my grow for a year I try to have some patients and go for quality.

I got this from DWC using teas on my popcorn buds.

Sap.JPG

That is THC sap not water... on a seed from the early to mid 90's. This aint some modern genetics. That is something I got back in the day...and recently grew in DWC and harvested about 6 months ago...and yes I sprouted and grew 20 year old seeds.

When I do DWC I use VF11 in Veg plus a few things. When I go to bloom I move up to higher end products but I supplement with stuff I make. I can get the entier AN line of advanced specialty products like Bud factor X, Vodoo Juice , Nirvana...you name it in a bucket in 18 hours for next to nuthin...and I have posted the recipe on here a few times.

This is a male I yanked that I only ran in VF-11. I yanked it after 1 week into bloom after 1 month of veg. I was only using VF-11 for all but 3 days where I flushed out the AN crap.

male54.jpg

But yes my current grow is in Soil. I go back and forth. I don't feel anyone doing it for personal should be stuck in a rut. It is good to understand all aspects. I like using DWC when the time is right to do so.

The FAQ area is not a place to post recipes. This place is over run with questions that are not FAQ's. But if you care to do research you can go the the appropriate area and people will have your answers like this recipe.

I even recently Bumped up to the top of the list someone else's post on this in the correct forum because I didn't want to keep promoting mine.

:thumb:

Lol you don't want to keep promoting yours? I just finished reading through your threads and didn't find any how-to's or threads explaining what your mix is to get "premium" results. Can you link one? Or a picture of some of the non-popcorn buds? Your thread about that sap said you weren't even sure what it was, how did you confirm it's pure thc?

In all your posts you seem to be using bought nutrient packs from different brands and not really sure which is good. You seem to be trying something different in every post, kinda contradicting what you advised the OP - to only change it up after getting stable results and knowing what works.

What is your custom super soil mix that you mention in one of the posts but decline to explain to another user who asked? I get it, you're an old grower and getting back into things with old seeds and a lot of cash to throw at different products. But you're not saying or showing what worked for you.

Super soil...

I am by no means the best grower out there. I fuck it up all the time...I have a life and can't be vigilant all the time. "Super soil" is a standard term. If you google supper soil you will find tons of videos and recipes.

I like to play around and change things up. I am an engineer so I like to keep learning and trying new things. But I am trying different combos of proven techniques...I am not being so arrogant as to assume I can out think scientists.

For soil I did lots of experiments back in the day...I used all kinds of stuff and most of it I wont use anymore.

I have a base mix of 1/3 perlite 1/3 steer manure 1/3 good potting soil like froggy or Black gold...BUT NEVER Miracle grow. You do not want to use any soil with time released nutes because then you will not be in control.

(there is a ton to explain about that mix but I aint going into that)

I add different things because I am always playing around and I am trying new seeds. I couldn't care less about dialing it in. I understand the plants and I listen to them and regardless of the strain I make it work. I breed seeds for a long time..that means every grow was a new thing so I had to learn to listen to cannabis.

So after the base is mixed I fill the pot half way or so to the point where I want to transplant my baby. There I will spread around a light dusting of Glomus, Worm castings, crab meal and alfalfa. If you read the posting I left you will understand why.

Then I place a solo cup in the pot, Fill around it to the level I want for the pot, remove the solo cup and I have a hole perfectly sized for my transplant.

Carefully transplant because I do not wait for it to fuck up the tap root and I transplant after less than a week...because I know about transplanting and the science behind the tap roots importance.

Then I only need to add water through the grow.

If I do a long grow, like through a scrog, I will brew a tea to get the goods in there later on... but only if this strain...under these condition...have gone through it all.

I use over-sized pots because I don't care about throwing away soil. I want my roots to be able to grow "forever". That is a typical engineering thing to do, to over build to prevent failure. This allows me to water less frequently.

this belongs in the Soil section BTW...

Hows it better...?

For the price of one bottle of Bud factor X i can make 5 years worth to begin with. For 2 it is fun and I can play with the ratios if I want. It allows me the ability to learn about things.

I think it was Emylia who said it best...You can go to McDonald's or you can BBQ in your back yard. I like to do things myself.

I always (and started this off by) promoting AN line for newbs. It makes this supper simple. But it is fighting against nature. The pH perfect line has to do some bad things in order to work at a static pH...that isn't how plants work...that isn't how professional Hydro opps work. You will get great product if you know what you are doing. But no matter how you do it...if you are fighting nature and not working with it then you will not get the optimal results. whatever you get with pH perfect you could have gotten at least a little better with some know how.

There are people who are trying to just get fast turn big yields..to them I say good luck and peace. I am a personal grower so I try to go for the best quality I can get. To do that I try to work with mother nature not fight her. You simply can't beat mother nature. So you can support her the best you can and see what is some amazing things happen for almost nothing...or you can fight her and force feed the plants like its a turkey.

I don't care what you do. I answered the posters question.

I have no doubt creating a custom soil mix or nutrient feed can outperform a company's product. And since you brought it up all I'm asking is for you to back up your specific suggestions. To be honest those pictures are not impressive, I really wish you had some pictures or data to share that you could make your posts about. It's hard to value your experience when you're just talking about something you tried 20 years ago and don't have any solid evidence of the results. For as many custom mixes I've seen succeed, I've seen twice as many fail terribly, so just suggesting to grab a bucket and have fun with it is not good advice. Branded nutrient mixes have their place for novice growers and it's not cheating the curve to use them.

And every grower values quality... not sure why you keep bringing that up. Are you trying to comfort yourself over a poor yield or are your buds just that high quality? Still waiting for a pic...

p.s. That popcorn bud sap is not pure thc, sorry.

I know that isn't100% thc... I don't take pics of cool stuff. I take pics of wild or odd things. I couldn't care less about posting something for people to think I am cool...you are now just trolling me...I sent you a PM and you still want to bring up off topic stuff highjacking this thread. This is not mine or your thread. If you want to ask me a question then PM me...but yes I have the smallest dick in town. I am ugly , stupid and my wife is fat.

My point is that your information is incomplete without demonstration of your claims. I'm not here evaluating how cool your grow is, I'm trying to learn whether your results match your word and whether those results are better than what could be gotten through a basic bottle of nutrients. I didn't think it was too much to ask to upload a picture of the harvest or break down the math of how much more you yield with custom nutes.

:rofl:

If you read a bit around here you would know I do both... it just depends on what I am doing and time of year. I have a bunch of how to's in the DWC section.

I don't buy into the chems because you can't optimize the potency. I do my DWC with teas because I am a personal home grower. There are some who only grow for turn around time and weight and to them I say good luck and peace. Since I get enough out of my grow for a year I try to have some patients and go for quality.

I got this from DWC using teas on my popcorn buds.

Sap.JPG

That is THC sap not water... on a seed from the early to mid 90's. This aint some modern genetics. That is something I got back in the day...and recently grew in DWC and harvested about 6 months ago...and yes I sprouted and grew 20 year old seeds.

When I do DWC I use VF11 in Veg plus a few things. When I go to bloom I move up to higher end products but I supplement with stuff I make. I can get the entier AN line of advanced specialty products like Bud factor X, Vodoo Juice , Nirvana...you name it in a bucket in 18 hours for next to nuthin...and I have posted the recipe on here a few times.

This is a male I yanked that I only ran in VF-11. I yanked it after 1 week into bloom after 1 month of veg. I was only using VF-11 for all but 3 days where I flushed out the AN crap.

male54.jpg

But yes my current grow is in Soil. I go back and forth. I don't feel anyone doing it for personal should be stuck in a rut. It is good to understand all aspects. I like using DWC when the time is right to do so.

I just wanted to say , dude you have fat fingers :Namaste:
Other then that, carry on :high-five:

LOL...did you read that pops.."claims" LOL

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I even explained in the PM I sent that if you care to read through the stuff I have posted you will find external links to scientific results about all the stuff that the AN guys have copied is just common knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom