Comment on how this low stress training is?

destinianto

these are two weeks old auto flower under led in soil perlite. how does it look?

252.png
1135.png

I was going to ask if anyone trains their autos. I have a hard time not doing it. I don't know if I ever let a plant just grow untrained. I went ahead and did it...

Anyway have you trained before? I don't want to launch into all the stuff you already know about.

So I think you are fine if the upper one is open on the side we can't see. The trick to training is not tying a loop around it rather blocking it over from one side so it can easily grow around it. Like a SCROG. So I will take string and go around the branch and bring it all the way back to the pot and tape both ends of the string together.

I think it is a bit early but it wont hurt nuthin if you are gentle. I like to wait until I can tie back the main stem to the side and the lines are straight up and down. With an auto you can't really wait that long I think. I am on my first one now and it bloomed way too early for my taste.

this is my first grow and first train.
I was so gentle I literally didnt touch anything only the hook touches the stems without touching a single leaf.

So don't freak when you see minor damage at the location where the plant is pressing against the wire. It will bruise likely and that is fine it will heal and be stronger for it.

Since you are training early be prepared to update it daily. So string is usually easier due to that. Plus string allows for some sway so the fan circulating air can still aid in beefing up the stem. That may cause a bit more bruising but still no worries.

Make sure you add a Potash Silica treatment. You should be doing that anyway but if you are training it is a must.

Now the trickiest part is placement and you did that good. But as it grows and you adjust it is best to try and hit the stem if you can in between the nodes. I say that is good not great because it is up against the fan leaf... but it is so tight you can't really help it.

The tie on the bottom isn't helping really but it isn't hurting that much. You are making the bend sharper than it needs to be.

About 45 degrees one way or the other and both of the first 2 branches will have direct light. I have seen this umpteen times. The bottom branch will be shorter probably as it is going to take a few days to get around the stem...all the while the other one is just gonna take off during this time.

But you are good. Enjoy the show.

Looks good,, but,, looks a bit early. I personally like to lst autos when they are a bit taller and have more nodes. This allows me to spread out the plant. That works.

Back
Top Bottom