Mars Monday - Which panel for flowering 4x4 feet?

ConstantGreen

Trying to pick a new light out of cyber monday sales; which Mars Hydro is the best for flowering a 4x4 coverage area?
Website says the 1200w is Maximum Coverage: Covers a full 4' x 4' easily replace a 600W HPS or HID.

I know from experience the 550 watt Mars1200 does easily replace a 600w HPS, but don't people recommend using 1000w HPS for flowering a 4x4? And 600w for 3x3?

Going by that logic, I need 1 size bigger than recommended, except the 1600 only draws 730 watts, so I don't think it could truly compete with a 1000w HPS and still wouldn't be quite enough for a 4x4.

I'm sure the 1200 could flower a 4x4 fine but the extra power really adds to the quality and yield I think. So does anyone have a 4x4 overpowered recommendation? I don't know enough about the new PRO series to understand how they scale watt for watt with a top quality hps grow. The highest watt CREE option is only 670w draw, which still doesn't sound like enough power, or is it really that much more efficient than 1000w?

Other brand recommendations are welcome too, trying to find the best budget 4x4 LED panel while still getting top quality nugs.

Back
Top Bottom