Hey there - I need all the help I can get

cmander1234

Hello everyone first time growing anything and I need all the help I can get my plants look less than amazing compared to the rest on here I'm using a tomato bone meal blood meal mixed feed I have a 100 watt 70 watt and a regular CFL light in a empty room in my house I think they are starting to flower what do I need to do

Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-22-16.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-22-08.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-22-11.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-22-02.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-21-50.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-21-55.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-22-05.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-22-14.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-21-59.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-22-08.png
Screenshot_2015-11-30-00-22-16.png

Looks like several issues.
1. Light. There is not enough light. Those grow bulbs aren't really used for cannabis. People do use the compact fluorescents but you would need about 10 or more for that sized plant. I use LEDs and HPS so don't have a lot of experience with those cfls. Check out Sweetsue's grow thread. She has quite a few of them.
2. How much nutrients are you using? Looks like you have some nitrogen issues and possibly others.
3. How cold is the floor. If this is a ground floor or basement and the tile is over concrete this will chill the soil and cause nutrients to be locked out.
4. Watering should not be on a schedule. During veg you let the plant get almost completely dry and during flower you let the watering get almost dry. Look up SWICK watering to make things easier for you in that respect. I actually recommend hempy buckets for beginners. If you look up hempy on this site you will find a ton of info. Hempy is like growing with a built in water reservoir.

Now to the positives, it isn't easy getting to flower for a first time grower. Congratulate yourself on that. You will get some bud from this just not a lot. But it is a great first step! Start researching on those topics I mentioned and think about getting more CFLs and growing a much shorter plant. You can also find some very good cheap LED lights from our sponsor Marshydro for not very much money.
A Marshydro 400 is less than 200 and one of the old style Marshydro 300s is less than 100 bucks on eBay. Just make sure to buy from the seller Marshydro if you get one of the eBay lights. They are an older design but people have grown nice buds with them.

Sorry for repost. Thought my first one wasn't posting. For fertilizer for a beginning grower I recommend something like Osmocote time release nutrients. I haven't used them but if you look up Doc bud he has an excellent thread on Osmocote in hempy buckets, just search his started topics.

Thank you for all the help

Here is a thread where a guy has an easy hempy grow going. He even has a nutrient recommendation on the last post. Hempy is where you have a bucket filled with perlite. You cut a hole 2 inches from the bottom on the side of the bucket and water until the water comes out the side hole. This leaves 2 inches of nutrients at the bottom of the bucket. This is one of the easiest methods to grow. You can of course do soil grows like you are doing here, it's just a little more complex to get the soil mix and watering/feeding correctly.
Tead's - Indoor-ish - Winter - Hempy - OGK - SOG

You deffinitely have a green thumb to bring a plant that size to flower with the equipment ur using. Definitely need to switch to a red spectrum lighting. There's a lot of stretch in the plant, its trying to find more light. I also noticed the yellow tips of ur leaves. Looks like u need to back down or check ur ph. Soil is super forgiving. U can experiment to see what's best for u. But while it flowers, I'd leave it be. Also I really dislike the powder newts. Seems like I get a lot more lockout in my soil and I have to flush a lot more

Careful switching newts. I'd thoroughly flush and transition my newts in over ur feeds. Don't want to stress her out too much. I'd try adding 1/2 tablespoon of episom salt to a gallon of feed and see if that will help break down the lockout. But honestly. Don't try to fix what's not broken. I'd be more concerned about ur lighting. I see a lot of healthy green, so obviously ur not doing a bad job.

Back
Top Bottom