Autoflower day 50: No budding yet

Pest889

The plant is an amazing and heathy female auto from crop kings. It was a mixed bag of their 5 plants so I don't know which one it is. I know it should be flowering but I don't mind if it wants to get huge first. It's my first grow but she's doing great! Should I be worried. Will she end her time without making much bud if I wait? I have seen others using 12/12 and bloom feed but I want to let her get to be a monster?! Should I get her to bloom now?!
Pest889

I'd suggest posting pics, and probably contacting Crop King Seeds as well for their opinion.

I understand the veg time on autos to be about 3 weeks, so by 50 days you have to start wondering if she's an auto at all. Keep in mind your girl will stretch to two or three times her size in early flowering, so she's going to get a lot bigger yet. Do you have the space for it?

Well I cant be sure they didn't send me a wrong seed.....she's only about 20" tall but bushy. When she was still small the light was too high and she got tall and fell over. She got better and carried on. Maybe that put her behind?
I should have the space if she gets big. I just don't want to screw up by leaving her alone....

I get the general impression that Crop King Seeds isn't the type of place that would likely mix up seeds. Any chance a mix-up could have occurred on your end?

Either way, she looks healthy and happy to me.

:goodjob:

Ya thanks! She is amazing to stare at cause she looks so damn happy. :0)

Nope first grow. First and only seeds I ever bought. Just picked one out of the 10 randomly and germinated it.

Interesting. Personally I'd call them. If your auto doesn't auto, they should know about it if nothing else.

Thanks for your posts, and you should consider starting a grow journal. I for one want to see how this turns out. :)

:reading420magazine:

so should I start at 18/6 and work down to 12/12? I guess being an auto there isn't guarantees changing the light schedule will work? I have also changed her to bloom feed. I have seen autos being harvested at 83 days a few times on you tube tho....

If an auto doesn't auto is it an auto?

I am with Arteekay.Detwo...Sounds like they mixed up the seeds and didn't send an auto.

I haven't grown many autos. My good buddy who has been growing 30 years only grows them and has never had an auto not auto. He has been growing them since they came out. He has 2 rooms running off of each other...just a personal setup with 2 plants in each but he runs them 80 days. So every 40 he is harvesting 2 plants. That is like 18 plants a year for a long time now. Of course he takes breaks but still...

I bet a bowl if you contact the supplier, and they are a reputable supplier, they will correct the issue or at least give you a $10 credit which is more than 1 free seed.

so should I start at 18/6 and work down to 12/12? I guess being an auto there isn't guarantees changing the light schedule will work? I have also changed her to bloom feed. I have seen autos being harvested at 83 days a few times on you tube tho....

The most likely explanation is that it's not an auto and is in fact a photo period plant, independent of how that came to be. If my research and understanding is correct, you've been vegging her for 50 days and she won't actually start to flower until you switch to 12/12. So considering she will still stretch during flowering, sometimes significantly, the question becomes do you have enough room to veg her longer at 18/6 and make her even bigger?

If an auto doesn't auto is it an auto?

I am with Arteekay.Detwo...Sounds like they mixed up the seeds and didn't send an auto.

I haven't grown many autos. My good buddy who has been growing 30 years only grows them and has never had an auto not auto. He has been growing them since they came out. He has 2 rooms running off of each other...just a personal setup with 2 plants in each but he runs them 80 days. So every 40 he is harvesting 2 plants. That is like 18 plants a year for a long time now. Of course he takes breaks but still...

I bet a bowl if you contact the supplier, and they are a reputable supplier, they will correct the issue or at least give you a $10 credit which is more than 1 free seed.

I'll take some pride in having you agree with me, I'm very new and still learning, but I'm a pretty quick study.

I've been growing for two months tomorrow (WOOT!) and have successfully brought a whopping 6 autoflowers into bloom, all from CKS. My experience with growing is obviously limited, but my experience with CKS is such that I can say with complete confidence that they will do "something" to account for the troubles. It's also important that they learn of the issue so they can investigate and determine if there's a systemic problem of some sort. That helps us all, sponsor and buyer alike.

TL/DR, I wouldn't jump on that bowl bet if I was you Pest889. :)

Sorry to bogart your pipe VilliageIdiot.

ok Guys so I called Crop King, sent them pics, and they said that Auto's do this kind of thing when grown indoors.... I know there seems to be a lot of people growing indoors, and no one has said much about this problem. Crop king said they hear it a lot, and for me to do 12/12 for about 3 days till it starts to flower and go to 18/6. It will grow 3 feet bigger in all directions till done. They said pretty much outdoors it flowers every time, but indoors there is a problem they don't know why. Maybe its the moon they said :0)

guess I shoulda bet LOL

well by the sounds of the freakin size this plants gonna be, all over for free bowls!!

Hey, Pest889! Great to see you!

Yeah, those doesn't seem to be very automatic, eh? :) That's weird, for sure -- my CKS autos both did what they were supposed to do indoors, but as Mr Am4zin said, it clearly does happen.

They are, however, gorgeous plants, super healthy and happy looking. Well done! Since they're not going to flip automatically I guess you can let them veg as long as you like, with the caveat (as arteekay says) that you'll want to keep an eye on your growing space to make sure you'll have room for them when they get all big and gorgeous and sexy :)

FREE BOWLS FOR ALL!!!

:cheer:

"Free is a very good price"

One of my favorite quotes of all time...any Portlander over a certain age knows what I am talking about.

ok Guys so I called Crop King, sent them pics, and they said that Auto's do this kind of thing when grown indoors.... I know there seems to be a lot of people growing indoors, and no one has said much about this problem. Crop king said they hear it a lot, and for me to do 12/12 for about 3 days till it starts to flower and go to 18/6. It will grow 3 feet bigger in all directions till done. They said pretty much outdoors it flowers every time, but indoors there is a problem they don't know why. Maybe its the moon they said :0)

guess I shoulda bet LOL

well by the sounds of the freakin size this plants gonna be, all over for free bowls!!

Well, you really should have known better than to listen to me! :)

You're in better hands now that Glim is on the scene, so I'm gonna fade back into the corner and pretend I didn't convince ya to waste some time and energy.

Thanks for taking one for the team. :rofl:

KIMG00762.jpg
KIMG00752.jpg

I got the heater vent in the background so u can get an idea of what size she is.... I had just given her a shower. ill keep posting as I go if u are interested 3 feet in all directions CKS said...

guess I shoulda bet LOL

I haven't heard that before. But I also haven't grown any CK. I wonder if it is just a glitch in their genetics, or does it span all ruderalis hybrids?

So it is 3 days of 12/12 and there are little "whispies" as my wife calls them.... is that good enough for starting budding and I could change the light to 18/6?

Oh By The Way, anyone have an idea what auto this might be from crop king? I got the mixed bag so I don't know which of the 5 it is

Back
Top Bottom