What is HP Pro Mix with Mycorrhizae Considered Soil or Soilless?

So with these soilless mediums do you have to provide nutrients more frequently? also do they tend to run into more pest issues?

Well... it really depends on the soiless medium and the growing style you're using.
I use pure perlite as a growing medium and drain to waste hydro (Hempy pots). No pests, water with nutes every 3 days. Easy and gives me the speed of a hydro grow with the ease of a soil grow.

I don't understand "soilless medium" regarding Promix Mycorrhizae HP...I've been using it, and I'm using a nutrient regimen designed for soil I think. This may be why my sugar leaves were burning up. And if it's a "soilless medium", then my pH was wrong too I guess right? I set my pH in between 6.3 - 6.7...maybe that's too high for this Promix Mycorrhizae HP? Any thoughts? All suggestions are appreciated. It doesn't matter this year because I ended up getting thrips. I couldn't figure out why my leaves were sweating this sticky sap, then dying, then drying out, all the buds stopped growing...all these tan coloured specks...after looking up close at the fabric bag handle which was full of them, it was friggin' well alive...THRIPS. 5 weeks into flower and growing nice. What I did wrong was brought a plant I started indoors outside, then back inside again...big mistake. I contracted the thrips outside, then brought them indoors where there's no predators and just the right conditions...they killed all my plants...three of them. Lesson learned...why always the Hard Way? lol

Does anyone even know what the definition of “soilless” is ? I don’t but I generally assume it to mean mediums like perlite or rockwool which are basically a uniform inert fluff, solely to hold roots in. Nutrients mixes for mediums like that need ph control.

The Promix discussed here is ph-buffered. It has lime added to it for ph control. So in that respect it’s similar to soil and you shouldn’t need to adjust your nutrient solutions.

It is possible for the lime to get used up over time, or for certain fertilizers to mess up the buffering. Also the peat moss in the mix causes it’s own issues sometimes. But generally speaking you shouldn’t need to adjust your ph to get through a grow with the stuff.

Calling it ‘soil’ seems like a stretch but some people do. I guess we can call it whatever we want. It’s peat moss and perlite, with a handful of lime for ph control, and a tiny bit of added fertilizer for seedling starter.

Back
Top Bottom