Leaves getting close to edge of solo cup

deptrai

edge_day_7.JPG

Day 7 of Medical Mass grow in FF Ocean Forest soil. I last watered 22 hours before taking this pic. Minimal amounts of nutes were used.

The plant isn't perfectly centered in the cup and one of the leaves is getting damn close to touching the edge of the cup. Earlier today one leave was actually touching the soil, but later in the day they both perked up. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Here is my grow journal:Deptrai's Soil Medical Mass - 2016

Hey deptrai, don't worry about the leaves touching the side its nothing, eventually they'll get bigger & your transplanting. The leaves touching the ground I think is due to them being thirsty that's all, as you said they perked up later on, probably after giving them some water. Wet/dry cycle is good in my opinion so only water when the medium is dry. Hope this helps. Good luck buddy.

looking good :good job:if anything just make sure the leave don't touch the soil helps keep the plant clean from bugs and deficiencies

So I ever so slightly dug up the soil underneath the leaf tips to make room. I also cut a wedge out of the side of the cup to make more room. 3 hours later and the leaf tips are really sagging. Soil is still moist from last watering (1.5 days ago).

Why is she going down & sideways, but not up? I was thinking maybe its trying to grow towards the LED strip lighting that line the inside wall of the bucket, but those lights are still positioned higher than the top of the plant. UFO light is about 12-13" above.
cut_cup_8.JPG

I might try to turn down the humidity and saturate with more water next time.

Doing a good job honestly don't overthink it these plants can handle so much abuse it's dripping still could be because it's overwatered or you haven't watered it enough. You'll know when it needs watering when it's droopy and superlight the soil is dust you don't want to get it to that point but pretty close make sure you have holes in your solo cup you want to lease 10 to 15% run off out of the bottom holes make sure the water is PhD you won't have to give them any kind of nutrients for a while it's stores enough food for a few weeks sit back relax and watch them grow and you'll be laughing in no time

Back
Top Bottom