Any advice for first grow? - Pics

skipB

I threw a seed in some soil about 3 months ago, not expecting much to happen. The past few weeks it's starting to bud and I don't really know what the next step is.

Any advice on how often to water and fertilize and how much? It's a balcony grow, getting a decent amount of sunlight every day for a few hours. I've been watering every two/three days and adding fertilizer occasionally.

Thanks in advance!

2016_01_29_23_20_06.jpg

IMG_187517.jpg

IMG_187616.jpg
- the bottom leaves are starting to look unhealthy.

Nice one skip! what you need for the budding stage is a fertilizer that is low in nitrogen, med-high phosphorous & high in potassium. So an NPK of 5-10-15 or 5-15-15 is good, not necessarily these exact figures though. Some nutes are made for cannabis & those are what I would recommend, for example I use GHE floraseries. But any bottle with the NPK I mentioned will get you through this grow. Start with 1/4 strength of recommended dosage & use during every other water. Only water when the medium is dry.

Also, it would be greatly helpful if you knew the pH of your water & was able to adjust. So a pH meter & pH down or up solution should be on the shopping list if you can. Hope this helps buddy, good luck.

:Namaste:

thanks a million for your response! The fertilizer i have is 8-18-15, so hoping that's good enough!
Thanks for the tip about the pH. I've been using bottled water.. i'll check to see if says much about the pH. Any ideas how long I might have left? and when should I stop fertilizing?

Namaste to you.

Nice one skip! what you need for the budding stage is a fertilizer that is low in nitrogen, med-high phosphorous & high in potassium. So an NPK of 5-10-15 or 5-15-15 is good, not necessarily these exact figures though. Some nutes are made for cannabis & those are what I would recommend, for example I use GHE floraseries. But any bottle with the NPK I mentioned will get you through this grow. Start with 1/4 strength of recommended dosage & use during every other water. Only water when the medium is dry.

Also, it would be greatly helpful if you knew the pH of your water & was able to adjust. So a pH meter & pH down or up solution should be on the shopping list if you can. Hope this helps buddy, good luck.

Excellent, that fertilizer should work. Looks pretty early so another 8 or 10 wks probably & possibly longer if its a proper sativa, depends on the strain mate. You shld stop adding nutes a couple of wks before harvesting to get rid of them in the system through normal ph'd water...ph of 6-6.5 is in range by the way.

Sweet! I can't wait to see what it turns out like. So when the majority of the little hairs (forgotten the name) turn brown, stop the nutes and flush with water? Thanks for all your help so far.

Excellent, that fertilizer should work. Looks pretty early so another 8 or 10 wks probably & possibly longer if its a proper sativa, depends on the strain mate. You shld stop adding nutes a couple of wks before harvesting to get rid of them in the system through normal ph'd water...ph of 6-6.5 is in range by the way.

ahh, fair enough. misguided information. any tips on when to harvest then?

The 'hairs' you mention are called 'pistils' and will continue to grow, go brown shrivel and more new white ones will grow.
They have nothing to do with when to harvest which many seem to think.

ahh, fair enough. misguided information. any tips on when to harvest then?

I'd say about 2-3 months from now lol. It takes the ladies awhile to get with the program. When you see the trics on the buds wait for another month and watch the colors. ( Clear not ready, yellow not ready, amber ckheck them everyday )

Back
Top Bottom