Deficiency diagnosis please! Help save these girls

salchipapa27

im a little concerned with the bottom leafs of this flowering girl but i know as they get more into flowering some leaves get yellow and you can pluck them off but I was just looking for peoples opinions/diagnosis
Also ive found this little guy and squashed him when i slapped him and took a picture. I believe its a fungus gnat? possibly white flies cause I see tiny little flies every now and then in the tent that look like dust particles but I think theyre white flies.
20160209_085145-1.jpg

Here are some deficiencies I think ive found throughout the grow. One of them as a bit yellowish leaves the others Ive found like spots. Here are the pics
20160209_085221-1.jpg
20160209_085212-1.jpg
20160209_085206-1.jpg
20160209_085053-1.jpg

Hey salchi, could be deficiency of some sort. What nutes are you using & how much you adding? also is your ph in the zone? I think your right about the fungus gnats which means your watering too much &/or not providing enough air circulation. Make sure the medium dries up before watering. Try to get rid of them by using yellow flytraps &/or a fan or other products like mosquito dunks.

:Namaste:

Hey salchi, could be deficiency of some sort. What nutes are you using & how much you adding? also is your ph in the zone? I think your right about the fungus gnats which means your watering too much &/or not providing enough air circulation. Make sure the medium dries up before watering. Try to get rid of them by using yellow flytraps &/or a fan or other products like mosquito dunks.

:Namaste:
Hey Sol, thanks for the feedback! Im giving absolutely no nutes so far. And im thinking about giving them a tiny amount. I do admit recently i left a humid method in there after watering and the humidity level was 65 when i got home it felt like a swamp in there i quickly lowered it and let it air out. Now i have been leaving the fan on high and keepinh the humidity low. I will go to the store today and buy fox farm big bloom and grow big. I think those could help. But the taller ones are autos so ill give them a very little amount.

Salchipapa27s First Grow Journal

Salchipapa27's - Soil - Blue Mystic Auto - Grow Journal - 2016

Those might be fungus gnats. The easiest way to deal with them is to put a layer (about an inch) of vermiculite on the soil. then when they land looking for a place to pay eggs they wont find any soil and will fly away. so in one generation (about a week and a half) they are all gone). If you don't take care of this ASAP they will destroy the root system and cause all sorts of deficiencies and problems.

fungus-gnat-quarter-sm.jpg

fungus-gnat-quarter-small.jpg

As far as yellowing of lower leaves in bloom...that is normal. In the fall plants change colors. Trees start using up the stored up nutes in leaves and they stop doing photosynthesis and they will change from green to yellow and then die and fall off. Same thing in cannabis. In late bloom the plant is focused on the building of flowers and is not concerned about its leaves anymore. So it starts stealing back stored up stuff from less productive ones lower down and this works its way up.

It could also be a sign of something wrong but usually it is not. I would only take them off if they come off easily by hand otherwise the plant is still sucking out stored up stuff from it.

I will post a chart below that will give you some idea about humidity. Heavy swamp air is good for early veg. Humidity below 40% will stunt growth. you want lower humidity in late bloom but during veg in the 60's is preferred.

:goodluck:

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg

Those might be fungus gnats. The easiest way to deal with them is to put a layer (about an inch) of vermiculite on the soil. then when they land looking for a place to pay eggs they wont find any soil and will fly away. so in one generation (about a week and a half) they are all gone). If you don't take care of this ASAP they will destroy the root system and cause all sorts of deficiencies and problems.

fungus-gnat-quarter-sm.jpg

fungus-gnat-quarter-small.jpg

As far as yellowing of lower leaves in bloom...that is normal. In the fall plants change colors. Trees start using up the stored up nutes in leaves and they stop doing photosynthesis and they will change from green to yellow and then die and fall off. Same thing in cannabis. In late bloom the plant is focused on the building of flowers and is not concerned about its leaves anymore. So it starts stealing back stored up stuff from less productive ones lower down and this works its way up.

It could also be a sign of something wrong but usually it is not. I would only take them off if they come off easily by hand otherwise the plant is still sucking out stored up stuff from it.

I will post a chart below that will give you some idea about humidity. Heavy swamp air is good for early veg. Humidity below 40% will stunt growth. you want lower humidity in late bloom but during veg in the 60's is preferred.

:goodluck:

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg
Alright thank you for the great feedback. Ill be seeing if my grow store has vermiculite. Also ill buy the yellow sticky traps.

Just to be clear. if you have gnats. The larvae eat the fine root hairs and that is where the roots absorb from. They effectively render the roots useless and the plant has to grow new roots as the ones there do not work anymore. This causes all sorts of deficiencies and serious problems and will drive you mad. It wont be because the nutes are not there it is because there are no more working roots.

So after you kill them all off...if the plant is not coming back, you may need to transplant into bigger pots to rebuild a new root system. If you catch it soon enough you may be okay if you started in a slightly over sized pot.

fastest and easiest and cheapest way to deal with them is vermiculite. Sold everywhere and nothing out there really works better. I always have a bag on hand for this purpose when growing in soil.

fastest and easiest and cheapest way to deal with them is vermiculite. Sold everywhere and nothing out there really works better. I always have a bag on hand for this purpose when growing in soil.
I told that to the grow store guy he said that vermiculite cause mess up the ph of the soil since im using fox farms ocean forest soil. But now that re think it. I think he might just wanted to sell me a little bit more expensive nemotodes

He is full of shit. He just wanted to sell you stuff. I don't want to sell you anything. I do want to save your plants and money.

Vermiculite is the cheapest best solution period. There are many solutions but all you need to do is stop them landing in the soil to breed. they die off in a week and a half. None of the other solutions work faster and most are just more expensive ways of doing the same thing.

Many people use vermiculite in the soil instead of perlite. It is used for the same thing and is sold right next to it everywhere perlite is sold.

Well that isn't wrong but putting in poison doesn't solve it either. The only thing that works 100% is stopping them laying more eggs. you need to make sure other bags of soil are sealed and all sources for them to lay eggs are covered and what not...but the only sure thing is covering the soil with about an inch of something and vermiculite is like the cheapest easiest thing out there. Perlite wont work that is a rock so they will try and get through that.

Like you can use the stuff they gave you and if just a handful don't die then it didn't work. You will go round after round after round and never kill them off. You can double punch them too using that and vermiculite...but the only 100% sure thing is something on the surface they don't like that makes them go somewhere else to find soil...and hopefully they never find it and die with a belly of babies.

Back
Top Bottom