Germination under 24-0 or 18-6?

Hillbilly420

Alrighty I'm going to start another one up, I applied the seed to rockwool, the seedling has popped out. It hasn't folded its leafs yet, I wad needing to know 24-0 or 18-6 its all going to 18-6 regardless. I got it on 24-0 as of right now, but someone let me know suggestion. Thanks

I just don't want no debate or anything I just want some suggestions, plus I mean by going 18-6 regardless, is that I'm unsure rather leave it 24-0 after it has popped out or go ahead and put it 18-6. I also got another one right beside it that hasn't popped yet but it's in a smaller cube

What kind of light? Some say you can leave t5s and cfls on for 24. I have an mh and I do 18 6 from sprout. The dsrk period is as good for the plant as the light very read.

Think of seedlings as babies. Treat them with care. I would go with CFLs for seedlings so as not to burn them.

All plants require a dark period to metabolize the carbs they created in the light and to repair tissues. 18/6 is better than 24/0 in my educated opinion. All living things need sleep time.

18/6 always. I would not use 24/0 for any aspect of a grow.
Before the seed is above ground, it doesn't matter except you waste a little electricity.

I usually sprout them under a cfl on 24/0 because I like to keep them consistently warm during that stage, and my temps tend to drop at night. Once they're above ground I put them down in the corners of the veg room which has a 600 watt mh on 18/6

Hey major i just read ur saying on bottom of page and had to respond.I think maybe we can all hope for such an outcome that wood b nice, heavy harvest s to u all the best

Thanks y'all, yea I hope the best when I picked the rockwool this morning it was light and dry like, I applied some water on the bottom and the sides not a lot I was using a dripper so I wouldn't flood it, I see growth to the stem but the leafs are the same. I guess it's a waiting game now and water here and there.

I germenate them in a glass of water for 24 hours then in in a wet paper towel for another 24-36 hours, then when the tails start showing I plant them in the dirt.

I just started a couple and from the time I put them in the water,( Jan 29th ) to today they are about 4' tall and forming thier secound st of leafs.

I just keep a 60 watt led on them and turn it on when I get up and turn it off when I go to sleep. ( I sleep for about 5-7 hours a night.) ( sometimes I forget to turn it on in the morning for a couple of hours, lol but they are so young they don't seem to mind.)

In the next week I'll pull my little tent out and put them under the 90 watt UFO full spectrum and put them on a timer schudule of probably an 18-6 table and top them as the time allows to keep them short for a period of 1 month then throw my little scrough screen in there and see what happens.

I started these early this year so as I could try to get them outside more in the summer, they really like the sun. ( it will be 2-3 months before I can get them out there)

The last grow I started was in april and I had to bring them into the house in september because of the weather so trying to avoid that this year.

Don't know if that helps, but just throwing it out there.

Back
Top Bottom