Topped - What's next ?

cbgb

hey 420 peeps, i have a number of successful grows under my belt but this is my first time topping a plant. the strain is highway man x tang tang regular seed. 45 days in veg , 14'' high .... i topped the main stalk above the 4 th node. the plant is becoming very "bushy" ..... i was concerned with lighting issues getting into this heavy canopy but was able to rig up lighting on the sides of the plant directed into the plant / canopy ( does not show in photo provided) so , i guess my question's are do i need to do any special pruning , how long should i stay in veg. ? any input , suggestions or good info would be welcomed ..... thank you all in advance. :Namaste::thumb::thanks:
0d5af185-561d-4ea1-a0e1-a234cc7b4ddd.jpg

I'm sure you've got a good idea whats going to happen after a few grows, so you got the veg length covered. It all depends on what you want to end up with. You could do some LST. Bend and tie down those 2 main top shoots til they are slightly below horizontal. Give some time for the lower shoots to catch up. Bend some more or supercrop here and there as needed to keep an even canopy as the plant gets taller. Soon as you reach the proper veg height for your desired final flower height, flip her.

Oh, how hot is it in there? Are your lights too close? Your leaf edges are curling. Also, is that a mag deficiency on the lower leaves?

hey 420 peeps, i have a number of successful grows under my belt but this is my first time topping a plant. the strain is highway man x tang tang regular seed. 45 days in veg , 14'' high .... i topped the main stalk above the 4 th node. the plant is becoming very "bushy" ..... i was concerned with lighting issues getting into this heavy canopy but was able to rig up lighting on the sides of the plant directed into the plant / canopy ( does not show in photo provided) so , i guess my question's are do i need to do any special pruning , how long should i stay in veg. ? any input , suggestions or good info would be welcomed ..... thank you all in advance. :Namaste::thumb::thanks:
0d5af185-561d-4ea1-a0e1-a234cc7b4ddd.jpg

Plant looking good nice job Qapla is right try some LST and she be looking even better and now with toping and LST your going to double your protection

thanks qapla and serpent !! i had some problems early in this plants life ( she is 45 days old ) someone had mentioned trimming any growth below the 4th node where i topped it . that would get rid of those nasty fan leaves........ they also mentioned topping 2 more times. i dont think i am that advanced but i am growing 2 of these plants and may top again on the other plant (other plant is pretty identical ) to the one in the photo .......thank you !!

Back
Top Bottom